Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lodged in Wound  (Read 5278 times)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Lodged in Wound
« on: March 19, 2008, 08:09:00 pm »

So, I got this arrow lodged in a wound.
I understand that by grabbing it by wrestling, I can pull it out and cause the target to bleed out?
Only problem is, I grab it, and then as I understand, it should be in the Shift-I menu.  But it's not.  Anybody know what I have to do?
Edit: I'm running 38c, and this is not mutual to stuff I have lodged in their wounds.  Nothing I grab, not even their spear, appears in my Shift-I menu.

[ March 19, 2008: Message edited by: jaybud4 ]

Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lodged in Wound
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 08:43:00 pm »

You have to grab with your hands, make sure you're not using arms or legs to grab stuff. or weapons.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 08:44:00 pm »

Ah, so that means I can't be holding my weapons at the same time.  That explains it.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 05:18:00 am »

Was it loged in you? If so why would you want to take it out. My latest legendary adventurer had like 5 arrows and a few bolts stuck in all diferent parts of his body before he died (he put a flaming cougar corpse that was suppost to go in his hand into his back pack)
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 10:10:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Mulch Diggums:
<STRONG>Was it loged in you? If so why would you want to take it out. My latest legendary adventurer had like 5 arrows and a few bolts stuck in all diferent parts of his body before he died (he put a flaming cougar corpse that was suppost to go in his hand into his back pack)</STRONG>
No, I threw the arrow at this goblin guard, it got lodged in him, so I went over and wanted to pull it out so he'd bleed.  Hmm, I said "the target" and "their wounds" which should have made it pretty clear this had nothing to do with myself...

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 03:10:22 pm »

WENT BACK IN TIME
POSTED USELESS CRAP

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 03:25:06 pm »

WENT BACK IN TIME
POSTED USELESS CRAP

Damnit.

Oh well, topic's back so I might go ahead and ask this. I currently have two arrows stuck in each of my hands and I have no idea how to pull them out. Send help.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 04:06:24 pm »

Should be Shift+I and select the arrows, which will be in red.  Unless you can't use your hands, in which case, have fun kicking and biting enemies.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

KrEstoF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2012, 07:15:19 pm »

Would be great if, once you lodge an arrow in a creature, that you could hit it with a hammer and drive it in further.

Viking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 04:05:23 pm »

That would be nasty.... and thus appropriate for this game lol. Be sure to put your weapon back in your hand after pulling out the arrow. Sounds obvious but my dwarf recently put his axe in his bag and left the arrow in his hand after pulling one out of his side. I found out when I attacked something.