Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Any one else stoked for this?  (Read 2694 times)

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: Any one else stoked for this?
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2012, 07:21:23 am »

The sad thing is, I mostly play Adventurer mode, and I doubt anything new's gonna come along soon...  :'(
What I meant was, I don't think the devs will be releasing any new content for a while
Dohohohohohohoho
Also the plural of dev seems a bit misplaced... DF is very much unlike other games in their production.
I know, there's only 2 guys, if that. I didn't know what else to say because I'm not well-educated about DF's development and knew I would get something wrong.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2012, 09:26:19 am »

I know, there's only 2 guys, if that. I didn't know what else to say because I'm not well-educated about DF's development and knew I would get something wrong.
Well you can't really predict the development of DF. We're around the time where releases and patches are released quite frequently which add awesome things to the game, and every now and then after a few years... MASSIVE game changing update followed by practically a new release every day. But Toady never releases any planned release dates even then, and it's not unlike him to quietly announce the best update ever :P

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2012, 05:07:28 pm »

This is really off topic, but does anybody know if LazyNewbPack auto-updates? I think that's really unlikely, and if it doesn't how do I get updates without downloading a new LNP?

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 09:04:34 pm »

No, and you can't as far as I know. Generally very soon after a new version launches it will be out, and if you keep your folders in such a way that:

LNP DF
inside> LazyNewbPack zips, extracted to their own folders
delete versions you'll never use, and throw in an extra "mods" folder in there so you can has clean copies and mods.

It makes cleaning easy.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.
Pages: 1 [2]