Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Post-Apocalyptic Cavern World RTD  (Read 2404 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Post-Apocalyptic Cavern World RTD
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 06:30:45 am »

I take a walk in darksky and quitely observe the local scum to see if they have anything of use to me and check the bounty's board as i pass by.

Could we add a 6th person and bring the shaman into the game now before we really begin to get in 1 person from each of the 2 factions?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 09:11:08 am by mesor »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 07:13:10 am »

I look around the basement for my book, as my memory of what I've been doing has failed me, again.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 01:02:03 pm »

Look around in my old designs to try to salvage anything important.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2012, 02:58:57 pm »

Eunh yawns as he moves towards the meeting, bow at his back. The problems with the harvest only got him some sleeping problems, but he had been able to do it so far. The farmer just hoped things wouldn't get worse.

Attend the meeting.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2012, 06:43:04 pm »

Roll 0

Spoiler: Combat Codex (click to show/hide)

You head back into your library, where you open your desk drawer and pull out one of many spring bound scrapbooks. You skim through the pages, consisting of old designs for airships and other side-projects you've had over the years. One design grabs your attention--a small, meter-wide flying machine, equipped with rotors and a canister, useful for spraying pressurized steam into people's faces. You started this design for a contest held by the military--of course, the military judges supported their own idea--some big tank made of cast iron.
You notice that the area where the steam motor is supposed to go is blanked out. Then you remember than a steam engine could not put out enough power to make simple maneuvers that a military support drone would need to make. You need a more energetic fuel to make the design work.

Spoiler: Cloud A.K.A Mesor (click to show/hide)

As Cloud walked through the streets, attracting wary glances from people passing by. Scruffy pirates immediately recognize you, and take only subtle glances to check what weapons you have on you. Some of your fellow bounty hunters also welcome you, while others scoff.
You look toward the bounty list, and identify three straighforward assignments you could take:

Wilson G. Mayday: Boarding gang leader and professional gunslinger. Reward: 2000 monies.
Alexander B. Jamerson: Speed trader, uses unsafe engine room conditions and forced labor. Affilated with pirates. Reward: 1000 monies.
Unidentified: Malphine smuggler. Head to Rennington and a government agent will meet you there.

You grumble about how boring the whole malphine trade and how it would be much more interesting if criminals would, say, organize a conspiracy against the government. That would be nice.
For now, you get your camera pistol out and pretend to film. You remember that this is Rennington, near Darksky, the home of the Bounty Finders. As such, journalists are common here, and you shouldn't draw too many weird looks from the folk around here.

According to your superiors, there are notices in nearby towns instructing people who know about a Malphine smuggler to head to this city. You're not sure what else exactly you're supposed to do, but as long as the smuggler is caught, anything should go.

You overhear some talk in a nearby bar about Malphine being legalized--through the wall.

You head into the Grange and sit down. As the presentation starts, you listen to the speaker as he rants about corporate oppression, and how the government should pitch in to reduce minecart prices. As usual.

Leaving the grange, you walk past a tunnel opening, and notice a strange light in the distance. It does not appear to be moving.

You grab your findings book and read around.

Cyclohexase: Recently, I have made advancements in safe, clean production of cyclohexase. Having gone the last month without an explosion, I am beginning to notice the rising costs of high-energy Needle-Cap fuel. My clients's requests have not fallen, however, so I am now in need of an alternate energy source to fuel the reactions.

Poison Gas: Fleshpetal is a wonderful plant. Its protein-rich walls are perfect for restoring wounded tissue, but the more interesting part, in my view, is the root system, which produces a colorless, odorless, inert gas.
This gas, however, when heated, seems to kill small animals. After killing twelve mice in record time compared to my other poisons, I believe this can have significant military application.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2012, 06:46:28 pm »

Continue looking through my past projects, then go to the library to read about alternate fuel sources.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 11:41:21 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2012, 06:48:05 pm »

Keep up the Jpurnalist guise, while walking into the bar and trying to gather a bit more information.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2012, 07:25:58 pm »

Continue looking through my past projects, then gho to the library to read about alternate fuel sources.

If you had an alternative fuel source you would have used it already.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2012, 08:41:12 pm »

Eunh shrugs. Well, bright lights are usually trouble, but he's curious enough to check it. Why not, right? It would be pretty difficult for his life to get any less interesting at the moment. Not that he particularly cares, though.

Check the light.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2012, 05:39:02 am »

Cloud visits the armor and weapon vendors.
I discuss the possability and price of having a set of full body light weight armor made and ask about the prices of a black food and a crimson face plate with the armor vendor.
And the prices of a long length of thin but strong wire and a set of special straps to hide my blades beneath my clothing with the weapon vendor.

While discussing this i keep one ear on the crowd around me hoping to hear something regarding the available missions.

On a side note do i start off with any money?

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2012, 10:51:44 am »

Look around to see if there's any fleshpetal or other specimens to experiment  with.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2012, 02:01:24 pm »

On a side note do i start off with any money?

You begin with 1000 monies.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2012, 02:13:27 pm »

Sweet hopefully i can get my hood and mask for that at the very least :).
Ive got plans im gonna need some specific kit for it and im guessing its gonna take a good 4-5 jobs to get the cash for all the materials and tools im gonna need :).
But once thats done rolls willing im going to have to shake this world up a bit :).
Pages: 1 [2]