Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: unusual weapon materials  (Read 1230 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
unusual weapon materials
« on: August 20, 2012, 07:15:37 pm »

I found a knife made of quartz and another knife made of shale. They were regular knives carried by citizens.
Is this a bug? Are they useful?

My game is unmodded btw
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: unusual weapon materials
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 07:19:26 pm »

Well that is quite odd. I'd say bug, plus besides asthetic purposes they'd not be really as good as metal knives. But then again, these are knives, so they're probably death dealing monstrosities anyways :P

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 07:57:56 pm »

The little knives (copper, boning, etc) can be made out of miscellaneous stone materials sometimes. They're just as useful as any bladed implement for butchery, and any other tasks that use a knife of that type that have been modded in. Aside from that, they can't do shit to a bronze colossus and so are worthless to any sensible adventurer. Iron or steel is what you need. Leave that fancy worthless elven kobold stuff to the elves kobolds.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 08:00:41 pm »

The little knives (copper, boning, etc) can be made out of miscellaneous stone materials sometimes. They're just as useful as any bladed implement for butchery, and any other tasks that use a knife of that type that have been modded in. Aside from that, they can't do shit to a bronze colossus and so are worthless to any sensible adventurer. Iron or steel is what you need. Leave that fancy worthless elven kobold stuff to the elves kobolds.

Nay, even my kobolds have standards. The dagger is a fashion statement, and no kobold of MINE will be walking around with such outdated weaponry!
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 08:05:48 pm »

Nay, even my kobolds have standards. The dagger is a fashion statement, and no kobold of MINE will be walking around with such outdated weaponry!
Good thing they're not your Kobolds anyways :P

Well, at least not now they're short of a head or two...

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 09:30:28 pm »

They are quite useless. I did manage to bludgeon a hill titan to death with one though.

A towering eyeless spider. It has a stubby horn and it has a regal bearing. Its flax exoskeleton is rough and cracked. Beware its poisonous bite (and webs because it's a spider).
It Webbed me and then told me it's name (Ada Rainyhawk the Flax of Ravens) over and over for 5 minutes. Then did absolutely nothing while I beat it to death with the useless daggers. BEST AI EVER!!!!!

Then bogeymen killed me :(
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.