Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 'No. That's Disgusting'  (Read 1486 times)

Kinghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
'No. That's Disgusting'
« on: August 14, 2006, 08:42:00 pm »

I've noticed that when trying to drink blood or mud the game just says 'No. That's dsigusting' and doesn't let you. I think that's a shame, really. I mean, there's nothing really apealling about drinking swamp water, but someone might want to. And as to drinking blood, well, that's just really really cool. Disgusting is really a matter of personal opinion, and who knows how screwed up some of these characters are? I mean, they managed to earn nicknames like "Applesstrong".
I had a good idea for a signature so I decided to use it but then I forgot it. This wasn''t it, but this is pretty good too.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: 'No. That's Disgusting'
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 08:44:00 pm »

Starve them and they might change their minds.

So, as for the sweet lady in your signature, what's your longest continuous run?  I hope you've managed to sleep more than I have these passed few days.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Kinghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 10:16:00 pm »

I've never played any one fortress too long. Dwarves under my reign tend to die, and due to this I play a lot of adventure mode. I'm not sure which mode I'm responsible for more deaths in... probably Adventure though. I'm fond of the 'Drunk Army' tactic.
I had a good idea for a signature so I decided to use it but then I forgot it. This wasn''t it, but this is pretty good too.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 10:21:00 pm »

He he he, I was more talking about continuous hours of play, rather than any particular mode.  I'll know I'm doing well when somebody cops to various long hours at work or playing through a sleep cycle (their own, not the dwarves).

[ August 14, 2006: Message edited by: Toady One ]

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 10:51:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kinghy:
<STRONG>I've never played any one fortress too long. Dwarves under my reign tend to die, and due to this I play a lot of adventure mode. I'm not sure which mode I'm responsible for more deaths in... probably Adventure though. I'm fond of the 'Drunk Army' tactic.</STRONG>
I've taken to viewing my followers in adventure mode the way I'd view "hit points" in any other game.  I just start my adventurers with skill 15 in bows, and hide behind my 'friends.'  When I get low on those, I go back to a town to heal.

...is it planned for there to be skills related to recruiting and leading people in the future?  Right now every adventurer rolled seems to have the ability to hypnotize drunks with their piercing gaze.

[ August 14, 2006: Message edited by: Aquillion ]

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Aristharus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 12:08:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Toady One:
<STRONG>He he he, I was more talking about continuous hours of play, rather than any particular mode.  I'll know I'm doing well when somebody cops to various long hours at work or playing through a sleep cycle (their own, not the dwarves).

[ August 14, 2006: Message edited by: Toady One ]</STRONG>

My productivity at work has dropped to about half of what it was before the game was released. It wasn't really that high to begin with, but still..

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

bbb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 02:53:00 am »

drinking blood? is it fresh?

.. what about... cooking blood to give blackpudding? (ie.. sausage type thing made of blood & whatever else)