Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Teleporting refuse?  (Read 515 times)

Urist McPenguinhead

• Bay Watcher
  • dungeon master with questionable motives
    • View Profile
Teleporting refuse?
« on: August 09, 2012, 01:55:14 am »

Hey everyone!

I recently noticed that the contents of my refuse pile would all randomly teleport out to a single tile nearby. Then all my dwarves would go outside to place the refuse back into its stockpile. I did a bit of testing, but wasn't able to figure out if there was any pattern to the teleportation.

Des anyone know any solutions? It's a bit annoying having all my dwarves go outside every few minutes.
Really sorry if this has been posted/discussed before, I wasn't able to find anything.

Thanks guys!

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Teleporting refuse?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 02:08:36 am »

It's most likely the deconstruction bug. Could the t they're teleporting to have recently had a construction? The code to teleport a constructions building materials had been teleporting everything instead

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 08:09:34 am »

This seems probable. I've had the contents of entire stockpiles teleport around whilst deconstructing walls. Ah, the Fun of the modern aboveground keep...at least I had plenty of haulers.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

toomanysecrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Jackpot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 08:30:54 am »

Yeah the only good thing about this bug is that dwarves seem to always haul the stuff back into place.

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 08:47:28 pm »

Yeah the only good thing about this bug is that dwarves seem to always haul the stuff back into place.

Even better, with judicious placement of the stockpile outside the wall, and a constructed doodad inside the perimeter wall, you can teleport stuff from outside to inside without risking haulers.

Or you can use it to sweep a construction site clear of clutter.

Urist McPenguinhead

• Bay Watcher
  • dungeon master with questionable motives
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 12:47:33 am »

Thanks for your help!
That seems to be the problem, I had recently been constructing walls around my entrance. Hopefully it will stop soon.

Elvang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 01:23:45 am »

There is a binary patch available for this bug, here. Alternatively, you can use a prepatched binary, there are a couple up on DFFD.
The Practicalities of Fire Imp Defense
Tileset fonts for dfterm/telnet
Win 0.34.11 SDL with 7 binary patched bugfixes
Quote from: They Dig
I have come here to drink booze and breach HFS... and I'm all out of booze.