Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven Child Ecstatic to be Kidnapped  (Read 1145 times)

Krieger98

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Dwarven Child Ecstatic to be Kidnapped
« on: August 09, 2012, 08:59:14 am »

Snatchers grabbed a kid and tore him away from his loving (?) family. When I checked the relationships of the parents the child was still on there and her thoughts were viewable.
  She is happy to be free.
Guess the gobbos really are on mercy missions.

fixed image link
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 09:06:06 am by Krieger98 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Child Ecstatic to be Kidnapped
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 09:25:14 am »

Or they brainwash kids. Or the kids just don't remember the fortresses. Or dwarven fortresses are crappy places to live.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 09:46:39 am »

Not crappy so much as horrifically dangerous. I suspect the survival rate for kidnapped children is rather better than for those that stay in a fortress.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Random Spark

• Bay Watcher
  • Tales of Karma and Strategy
    • View Profile
    • My Art (Deviant Art profile)
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 10:12:56 am »

Whats even better, is that when i clicked on the image you posted i got this instead!
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/693cd

After a few attempts i realized that i was actually clicking too much.

which is odd.

So!  I guess what we need to do now is get some more kidnapped kiddos to show up and read about how they feel!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 10:19:44 am by Random Spark »
I am an artist. I draw, write, and compose.
I am also a smartalek. I am also trying to design a game.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 10:34:27 am »

Not crappy so much as horrifically dangerous. I suspect the survival rate for kidnapped children is rather better than for those that stay in a fortress.
They shave their beards.

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 10:55:36 am »

Uh, hate to be a party pooper but "happy to be free" is the thought that they get when they are freed from the goblins. Kids do not get a happy thought from being kidnapped, they get a happy thought when let out of the bag.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 11:10:35 am »

Uh, hate to be a party pooper but "happy to be free" is the thought that they get when they are freed from the goblins. Kids do not get a happy thought from being kidnapped, they get a happy thought when let out of the bag.

Due to a bug, they appear having this thought is you look at them trough a realtive after they have been kipnapped
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 11:15:29 am »

And now we know. Goblin bags are so stinky that kids are ecstatic to be let out, even if they're prisoners of goblins.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.