Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fortress guards refuse to join me  (Read 1817 times)

Nightcaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fortress guards refuse to join me
« on: August 07, 2012, 03:33:22 am »

I decided to gen a secondary adventurer world, since I knew more about generation. I went about the typical routines, and then headed to a fortress to get some muscle to help me. You can imagine my confusion when they laughed at me and said they would be leading ME. None of them take me seriously, or join. I have no companions currently, so it's not because I have too many companions. I can't figure out why I cannot recruit them, and if I cannot recruit them, there's no chance of me surviving what's out there.

Any ideas of why they are refusing me, and how I can amend this without starting a new adventurer?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress guards refuse to join me
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 03:39:08 am »

You absolutely SUCK compared to them. Get stronger, get more fame, and get more kills and they will join you. I mean, if you were a TRAINED SOLDIER, would you wanna join some fool that can barely swing a sword right?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Nightcaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 03:43:51 am »

You absolutely SUCK compared to them. Get stronger, get more fame, and get more kills and they will join you. I mean, if you were a TRAINED SOLDIER, would you wanna join some fool that can barely swing a sword right?

Sigh... guess it's time to sneak in to the woods and torture helpless animals...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 10:03:18 am »

Sigh... guess it's time to sneak in to the woods and torture helpless animals...
Nah, do it to vampires, they're already dead.

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 05:29:59 pm »

No, do it to dragons and necromancers.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 09:31:32 pm »

The key to heroism is using innocent people as meat shields. Find a vampire, call him out, and then run away. He'll either be defeated by knife wielding peasants kill all his roommates and come after you. If it's the second find someone slower, small children or old people work but in a pinch you can stab a fleeing peasant in the leg. Eventually the vampire will die at which point you hog all the credit, if he somehow survives despite your heroic efforts to feed him civilians until his stomach pops try to sneak up behjind him while he's ripping out someone's throat and stab him a few times.

Nightcaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 10:37:35 pm »

The key to heroism is using innocent people as meat shields. Find a vampire, call him out, and then run away. He'll either be defeated by knife wielding peasants kill all his roommates and come after you. If it's the second find someone slower, small children or old people work but in a pinch you can stab a fleeing peasant in the leg. Eventually the vampire will die at which point you hog all the credit, if he somehow survives despite your heroic efforts to feed him civilians until his stomach pops try to sneak up behjind him while he's ripping out someone's throat and stab him a few times.

Which reminds me: How DO you find vampires among the peasants? I've called many people out, but they aren't vampires. I'm wondering how to find one.

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 12:01:52 am »

Quote from: Nightcaper
Which reminds me: How DO you find vampires among the peasants? I've called many people out, but they aren't vampires. I'm wondering how to find one.

You'll get a quest to kill one if he or she lives in the surroundings. If you don't have a quest, but happen to be strolling in a hamlet (haven't found a vampire in a bustling town yet) and stumble upon a flashing cheesemaker, fisherdwarf or bone carver, then you will know why you fear the night.
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 09:45:23 pm »

Most any animalmen you find, and if you go to a keep, there's a high chance of one there. Look for high amounts of human jewelry.  I'm talking pages here.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v