Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: why does my unbuilt carpenters w.shop say Construction inactive,needs carpentry?  (Read 18578 times)

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile

I have a SKILLED carpenter but it won't get built.

Absentia

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile

The first thing to try if any job won't get done is suspend it, wait a few frames, and un-suspend it. If that doesn't work, make sure he has carpentry enabled and he can reach the workshop.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Double check that he actually has Carpentry enabled in his labor list (it's not enough to just have the skill - it's not even necessary - he just needs to be enabled for doing that kind of work).

Also check he doesn't have any other tasks taking up all of his time (e.g. disable everything in the labor list *except* Carpentry and drink/sleep/eat/breaks aside he should get right on it).

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile

He has carpentry enabled on his labor list.it must be a glitch because i started a new fortress and the same thing happened.It just worked nevermind
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 09:05:03 pm by Dwarf mc dwarf »

Insty1969

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Have had the same problem. If I try to build a carpenter's workshop, it tells me "waiting for construction; needs carpentry; construction inactive". How do I make it work?
London carpenters at competitive prices for any your related requirements.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He's probably busy, possibly hauling the wood to the site.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile

he is probably busy, but as soon as he's tasked to haul the wood or stone to the site the "construction inactive" changes
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Laurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can check the (u)nits screen to see what your dwarves are doing.