Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Eternal rest (But not dead.)  (Read 638 times)

Mythologique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Eternal rest (But not dead.)
« on: August 08, 2012, 05:50:11 pm »

I have a dwarf who was injured in a battle with a thief. I didn't notice him immediately but, found him later in his room getting water and food from friendly dwarves. I quickly made a hospital and removed his bed out from under him so he could be moved. Now he is lying on the floor resting, no one is going to pick him up. He's also dehydrated but, since he doesn't wake up, won't move for his own drink. His status also doesn't say anything but dehydrated anymore. So, he must not be as injured as he was. This has the downside of meaning no one will bring him water or take him to the hospital. So, I've got an unconscious thirsty dwarf that no one will help. Ideas?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Eternal rest (But not dead.)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 06:42:04 pm »

Reinjure him if you absolutely have to. That should get the attention of the doctors if he's stuck resting.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Malecus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 06:51:20 pm »

Double-check to see if his injuries might indicate the need for a crutch.  If he wasn't diagnosed before and healed up, he may not have been given a proper walking aid.  Also check to see if you have crutches, as your original ones may have been traded away (it happens).  Consider placing a hospital zone directly over him to help (either with giving him a crutch or a diagnosis), or see if some dwarf will move him to your hospital if you build a floor tile underneath him (to require his movement from that square).

Mythologique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 07:13:51 pm »

Not sure how to reinjure him honestly. No need for a crutch, all he has are chest wounds. I tried the floor tile building and they went ahead and built right under him. Zoning didn't help either. Gah, now he is hungry too. This is going to be such a tantrum spiral. Any ideas for injuring?

Malecus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 07:20:18 pm »

You could drop lightweight items on him from above.  Not going to sugar-coat this for you, but he might end up toothless from being hit by robes and socks before a 'real' injury occurs (seems dwarves really throw things when they toss them down).  With a hole above him marked for garbage disposal and a few items you can un-forbid later, this seems the easiest and least lethal way of re-injuring him.  Other options involve "friendly-fire" from ballista and small-scale cave-ins via support pillars, both of which can be hilariously over-lethal.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 09:00:34 am »

Try using directed flooding to push him towards the hospital, ideally slamming him into walls on the way. If everything goes well, there shouldn't be too many deaths.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.