Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wheelbarrows block stockpile?  (Read 509 times)

zuglar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wheelbarrows block stockpile?
« on: August 06, 2012, 07:02:45 pm »

Hi all,

I set up a 3x1 stone stockpile next to my mason (fed from a large one nearby), and assigned three wheelbarrows. Unfortunately, ever since the wheelbarrows arrived, no stone has been moved there... apparently because the three stockpile slots are "occupied" by the wheelbarrows. Take away a wheelbarrow and the free slot immediately gets a stone.

Bug?

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wheelbarrows block stockpile?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 07:51:40 pm »

No, miss calculation. Frankly with a stockpile that small you don't need more than one to completely fill the stockpile.

toomanysecrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Jackpot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 08:05:09 am »

Wheelbarrows are stored on top of items in stockpiles....the 'barrow might have been covering your stone up.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 11:04:37 am »

I've had this happen with stone and wheelbarrows (it used to happen with drinks and barrels, probably still does). The stockpile does need one free tile for any hauling jobs to be triggered, and wheelbarrows block the tile as effectively as loose stone blocks the tiles in non-stone stockpiles.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.