Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Earring not being stockpiled?  (Read 576 times)

_Ivan_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Earring not being stockpiled?
« on: August 06, 2012, 06:01:09 am »

I have a finished goods stockpile to hold jewelry. Earrings, crowns, scepters, etc, of any material (artifacts excluded of course). A goblin walked into my fortress and threw herself on a trap dumping a -cow hair earring- and a -guineafowl nail crown -. Neither of which are being hauled to the stockpile. Is it the material (hair/nail) causing the problem ans if so, how do i store them?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 06:41:06 am by _Ivan_ »

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
Re: EArring not being stockpiled?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 06:09:21 am »

did you unforbid the earring ?
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

_Ivan_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Earring not being stockpiled?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 06:40:50 am »

Definetly. It's not forbidden and there is a clear path as well as turning off my burrows settings. Also, tons of idle dwarves ~70.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 07:36:55 am »

Worth checking...is there room in the stockpiles?  I tend to find that the extreme amounts of cloth and leather goblinite left over after a gobbo xmas often exceed the capacity of your storage for finished goods.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 07:38:03 am »

is it made from something weird? nail or hair, mostly. Those never seem to get stored anywhere because the stockpiles don't recognise it as a valid material for an earring
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 08:00:24 am »

I quantum dump items made of weird materials, into a dump somewhere safe that I turn on and off for that purpose.  Unfortunately, that method doesn't work for artifacts made of gems.
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

_Ivan_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 09:02:23 am »

Yeah, i have a couple gem artifacts too. I think the only thing we can do is destroy the shop, wall off the artifacts and nail up a plaque reading "WARNING: Undefined materials within.".  :D

No wierd materials either...... It is made of hair (and other one nail) only.  :-\

The stockpile has exactly 6 spaces free and there is nothing being produced from the craftsdwarf shop to fill it. The workshop floor is also empty. I checked it on a hunch there might be pending haul jobs taking up the rest of the stockpile.

Is this because hair and nail are not listed in the 'Other Materials' section? I thought the 'Additional Options' covered it?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 09:58:22 am »

Hair and nail (and several other materials) have no classifiers on them, which means there is no way they will ever be stockpiled. If you edit material_template_default.txt and add [TOOTH]/[HORN]/[PEARL]/[SHELL]/etc. to the appropriate material templates, it should allow them to be stockpiled (though it'll also let you use them at a craftsdwarf's workshop to make crafts and add decorations).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

_Ivan_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 11:19:48 am »

Ahh, thank you! :)

I don't see why i shouldn't. If the game will throw hair earrings at me, why shouldn't my craftsdwarves throw back?