Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I shock myself sometimes  (Read 710 times)

Ursist Mcstunty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I shock myself sometimes
« on: August 07, 2012, 06:58:23 pm »

This is probably nothing to you veteran DF players but I truly believe I have begun an epic story. I have lost demigod characters to wild boar without getting a single kill before.   >:(   

But I have started a game on a pocket world 820 years in with an average count of everything, I'm playing as a human peasant swordsman, with a silver longsword and my first quest was to kill a vampire  :-\, and two peasants that could assume beastly forms and could only be hurt by iron  :-[. I thought I had no chance, obviously I couldn't hire any soldiers and the regular people wouldn't budge either so I thought, screw it I'll kill myself. I marched right into the closest cave and quickly discovered that one of the peasants and the vampire lived together  :'(. So I backed off a bit out of the lair and waited. When the vampire approached I made a desperate swing, and took out his legs  8), after a few more strikes I finished him off amazed with myself.

Full with sudden confidence I rushed into the lair and attacked the peasant, who swiftly hit me in the hand, causing me to drop my sword and start bleeding. I was about to give up when I noticed I had no pain so I simply picked it up and attacked again, eventually killing him.

Since then i have cleared several more lairs and killed a few vampires, I am about to lead an expedition into the capitals sewers, normally I wouldn't dare but now I have many sodiers and a badass peasant so I'm feelling optimistic.  ;D
The carp stands up....

wait wat

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: I shock myself sometimes
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 08:23:48 am »

Most vampires are adventurer's fodder ;)

As for the whole "not hurt by anything but iron," that really only applies to full moon. If you want some Fun, visit the local lair on the 23rd.

On topic; the sewers... Good luck, try not to drown :P

sobriquet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I shock myself sometimes
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 10:34:07 am »

be sure to bring a pouch of coins and leave them behind you in the sewers a la urist and gretel, so you don't get LOST