Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I don't understand this mood!  (Read 811 times)

LionsLinden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I don't understand this mood!
« on: August 06, 2012, 11:57:27 am »

Okay, a recently turned 12 years old dwarf peasant/soldier was struck by a fey mood. First off, he has no skill at any level besides the usual social stuff. Dfhack says he will become a legendary bone carver. Problem is he demands rough gems, cut gems, metal bars, rock blocks, logs, yarn cloth and rocks. I got everything he wants but he still sits in his workshop and doesn't collect the stuff. Any way to examine what he has collected already? And what means yarn cloth? I've got sheep wool cloth and the likes but maybe this isn't sufficient?

Laurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I don't understand this mood!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 12:06:05 pm »

With t over the workshop you can see what is already there.

Rock blocks could also be metal blocks. Yarn cloth is woven wool. Maybe he wants a special item, but I think that is rather rare. More often they collect more than one item of any kind.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 12:16:58 pm by Laurin »

LionsLinden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 12:11:53 pm »

Rock blocks coold also be metal blocks. Yarn cloth is woven wool.
So this means rock blocks can mean either rock or metal blocks? And woven wool equals stuff like sheep wool cloth? First time for me to have such a strange list of demands.

Laurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 12:15:49 pm »

That's right.
Just to be sure, try to make more of everything - like digging out a few new gems, cut a few, weave some wool cloth, bake some blocks, melt some bars, fell a tree or two.

LionsLinden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 12:20:18 pm »

That's right.
Just to be sure, try to make more of everything - like digging out a few new gems, cut a few, weave some wool cloth, bake some blocks, melt some bars, fell a tree or two.
Just found the problem, for whatever reason the dwarves put ALL cloth I had in the hopsital and not in designated cloth stockpiles. Just removed the hospital zone and the moody dwarf was happy to collect all the materials. Cheers :)

Oaktree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 01:16:29 pm »

That's right.
Just found the problem, for whatever reason the dwarves put ALL cloth I had in the hopsital and not in designated cloth stockpiles. Just removed the hospital zone and the moody dwarf was happy to collect all the materials. Cheers :)

Yea.  The hospitals grabbing stuff beyond the supposed limits is an annoying bug.  I just stopped putting containers in my hospital zone and put the medical supplies in a few stockpiles in a room next to the hospital.  Bin of cheap cloth, crutches, soap, etc.
Armorer McUrist cancels forge steel mailshirt, interrupted by minecart