Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Behold, our King!  (Read 1617 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Behold, our King!
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2012, 06:58:37 pm »

Well my current fort belongs to a dwarf civ with a goblin king. I still get ambushed and sieged by goblins.

I'm thinking of declaring independence.

How do you plan to do that?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2012, 07:11:38 pm »

Does this fort still receive ambushes and sieges?

Yes. We are still sieged by a goblin civ. THe goblin king behaves in all aspects like a dwarf, besides being the least demanding noble ever. He is an ardent worshipper of dwarvern gods, for one.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2012, 07:22:41 pm »

THe goblin king behaves in all aspects like a dwarf, besides being the least demanding noble ever.
So nobles are worse than goblins. Why am I not surprised?

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2012, 07:28:39 pm »

Gobbos are just less hairy and non-alcoholic dwarves with a better tolerance to the sun. (and green skin. A bit like potatoes since they too turn green if they grow in sunlight instead of in the dirt.)
Both are short, violent and not exactly the brightest races around when it comes to darwinian selection.

Tell a goblin to stop shaving for a few years and drive it to melancholic alcohol addiction and it could live among the dwarves without anyone noticing.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2012, 07:37:05 pm »

When I read the description of the King I thought he was a very honest vampire before I noticed the green skin and purple hair.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2012, 08:30:32 pm »

Looks like his last goblin civ was prom, which should should have a city being conquered if you check legends mode. I think you can chain him up somewhere, which would be rather useful.
Pages: 1 [2]