Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What have you created (monsters, traps, unnessacarilly large death machines)  (Read 1008 times)

xana55

• Bay Watcher
  • Booze Detected: Initiating Drinking Protocal
    • View Profile

What on earth have I done? A question many of us have asked ourselves when the goblin we where using for target practice became such a good dodger that we couldn't possibly destroy him, when our traps backfired and flooded a room with lava, or when we built something so insanely deadly that anything in range is destroyed in seconds.

So what have you done?
Urist The Foolish: Beheaded by a swarm of cats 379 BC.

Tryble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The worst I've ever done is a very basic magmadumping trap.  It was just a big 25x25 area on the surface with raising bridges on each side where I'd capture sieges, and then pull another lever which dumped the entire 25x25 magma cistern that was one level above them.

When I got bored of that fortress, I rerouted the dumping mechanism to pour the magma into the twin stairwells.

Even the levels that were not completely flooded were absolute catastrophes.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

I created a forced prison system for immortal creatures, i.e. vampires, caravan guards, Monsters.

I designed a Magma/water flooding system to destroy my fort. Its a tad glitchy right now, Only the Mayors office will be flooded at all quickly by the water, But I'm working through the bugs, and I expect it ready ina year or so.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile

My bioweapons aquifer, also routed into the glory device. You See, when a lever is pulled, the entire fort will collapse into the aquifer, while siultaenously allowing the aquifer to escape into the world, creating a flood of death, a replicating flood of infinite toxin.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, recently I sent a herd of 365 cave crocodiles to be horribly killed by a swarm of clowns. Does that count?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

Well, recently I sent a herd of 365 cave crocodiles to be horribly killed by a swarm of clowns. Does that count?
Not really, Unless you hate Crocodiles.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Eldestish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Best so far has been a dining room made out of copper with copper/silver statues and copper tables/chairs...

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile

A lava dispenser that turns the landscape into ash and kills goblin sieges.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."