Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How does cage?  (Read 787 times)

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
How does cage?
« on: August 05, 2012, 03:18:09 pm »

I need help with cages. I cannot figure out, for the life of me, how to move cages to specific spots. I have 8 Prisoners of war (Goblins) and I want to move them to a jail/storage like area before I begin their executions/horrendous experiments. So how do I move cage from point A to point B?
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How does cage?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 03:36:26 pm »

Animal stockpile
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 03:45:06 pm »

Okay, but how do I move specific cages? Or is there no way?
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 03:50:41 pm »

To move a specific cage to a specific spot, you can build it (b-j).  Link to a lever to then open remotely.

Dont forget to snatch the goblins weapons before you let em near any dwarves, if thats something your science will include.

Once emptied of its inhabitant you can then deconstruct the cage to get it back into your stockpiles
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 04:14:42 pm »

Thanks! So, now the only thing I need to do is think of ways to torture 'experiment' on these goblins. It will be a cross between Portal, where the tests really didn't prove anything but mental capacity, and some horrific horror movie or something.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 07:10:25 pm »

btw, with x you can see all cages when you plan to build one
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.