Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Favourite Adventurer Moments  (Read 2655 times)

Ursist Mcstunty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Favourite Adventurer Moments
« on: July 30, 2012, 03:56:40 pm »

I thought I should start this topic so we can all recall our best/worst funniest moments from our adventures. Mine was at the hands of kobolds.

After killing some vampires in town i managed to form a squad of me (a dwarf spearman) two ranged dwarfs and four humans, I was on m way to kill a bandit when I was attacked by a group of kobolds. No problem I thought, I'm with a small army of companions this should be easy, turns out there were about 12 of them about 7 were archers too. As soon as the fight began i rushed off behind some trees as one of my dwarfs was shot dead about three turns in. I rushed out to attack two kobold archers near me and luckily block all arrows and kill them both. By this point the other dwarf as dead, there was two humans left standing (well crawling :D) while I kill about 4 more archers, most of the kobold infrantry is dead but I have only 1 guy left who then gets shot dead by another kobold archer while I finished off the other K. infrantry. I kill the last of them and wander into the middle of the field and survey the carnage. 

What sucks is that I then went to the camp alone (too far away from town) found out all the bandits were frost giants :'( (modded game) and died straight away. I later discovered that apparently a kobold survived the battle after killing one of my companions, so at least stories about me will haunt the nightmares of their children. Anyone with a good story can post it here.

The carp stands up....

wait wat

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite Adventurer Moments
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 04:44:13 pm »

i came at a bandit camp and saw one goblin , he was the boss , but there was nobody else . so he immediately charged at me , i was alone so i threw a copper two-handed sword at him the thing that surprised me was , he dogged the attack 4 times by jumping backwards and then took the sword in his lower body tearing his guts .

also i got ambushed by humans , elite crossbow man , spearmaster , swordsmaster , pikemaster and 2 macemen.
i always travel alone , first i charged at the crossbow man and killed him with one hit , then i looped off  lower leg to the pikemaster and one hit killed both macemen.
then i threw iron bolt at the pikemaster and it logged in his left lung, then the spearmaster stabbed me in upper body tearing liver , i then gained possession of his spear and threw it at him , the spear logged in his leg and torn apart motor nerve , then the swordsmaster stabbed me in left cheek , i then grabbed him by his sword , and stabbed him in lower body tearing lower spine tissue . i left them alive .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Ursist Mcstunty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 05:04:19 pm »

Nice, I can imagine a goblin doing some kind of awesome backflip over and over, land feeling like a bad ass and taking the sword right through his gut, i can only picture his face  :P
The carp stands up....

wait wat

Auning

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 10:49:25 pm »

I once managed to slaughter an entire camp of about 18 bandits with a demigod straight out of character creation with nothing but a large copper dagger. Both of my legs were broken about half-way through, and I crawled from enemy to enemy, slicing their hands and feet then stabbing them in the head. I sponged a few arrows from the archers, but pressed on, losing consciousness several times. I retired him afterwards, since so many nerves were severed.

Spoilers within:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[DESCRIPTION:A horse-like creature susceptible to severed nerves when muscles are torn in limb, grasp and starting length are all the same.]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_YOLK:LIQUID]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE:BIRD_ROC]

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 03:59:31 am »

See sig for talk-show version of thread. Sorry for bad talk. Thog sleepy.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

ExRedux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 09:14:54 am »

I started as a peasent outsider, things were going really smoothly. I grabbed a bag of strawberries from a house, and was looking around a castle for a backpack. Instead of a backpack I found 2 really nice weapons. Against my better judgement, I left the bag of strawberries there. I started to head back towards town to ditch my items and get more food, but it was a great deal further then I thought, and started to get really hungry. I went to the local map, and started sneaking around to try and find some random hapless animal in which to make my meal. Becoming even more hungry, and still not having found a meal, I found some carp in a river. They didn't seem to move that fast, so I thought I could catch them. I jumped in the river and charged after the carp, they were fast little buggers, but I was starving and determined. Moments later, the river froze, encasing me in a block of ice.

If starvation doesn't get you, ice surely will.

Ursist Mcstunty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 02:43:37 pm »

I have been lucky enough to never get caught in a river when it freezes, I usually die when I am attacked a horde of giant freaking dingos >:( Hunger is a problem for me, drink is easy since you can drink blood and salt doesnt seem to have any effect in DF.
The carp stands up....

wait wat

Raineh

• Bay Watcher
  • Eminently Predictable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 04:37:25 pm »

My favourite moment is when I killed a dragon, all on my lonesome, after having killed two hydras and a bronze colossus (as well as getting another dragon and a roc killed) and having lost a foot and an arm to the hydras. That I was a legendary dodger, armour user, lasher, miner, and hammerman probably helped. But still, it was hilarious to see the dragon's completely failing to do anything.
Completely insane, honestly.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 06:38:42 am »

when i was attacking hydra alone , it bite off my foot , but then i gathered powers never seen before and looped off 6 heads to the hydra before it ripped off my head .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 10:45:36 am »

Mt favorite one was when I was playing civilization forge as Wasp Dunesuns The Contested Road of Distraction. With a bag filled with money and a blood crystal flambard, I annihilated a fortress full of people alone, most of them exploding into gristle when they slammed into trees or walls due to being struck with my sack o' loot.

36 v 1, and triumphed. I would later go on to kill a civ leader and die in a horrible mess of angry peasents armed with Imperial Guard issue monomolecular-bladed knives.

Hypo0008

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Hypo0008
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 09:38:49 pm »

(I have the Genesis mod installed.)
I began my journey in the frozen wasteland of the Nords in search of glory. I recruited myself a Halberdier and learned that he was the shortest most obese Nord of the village. We named him Fatty Mcuseless.

We set off into the wilderness not far from the village when we were attacked by a herd of Raptors. I dashed my cowardly behind in the opposite direction as the brave Fatty charged. Moments later a flood of red text spammed my screen as I continued to run. I took a moment to rest and then went back to find Fatty's testicles on the ground with puddles of blood. One of the Raptors noticed us and began to run in our direction. In anger I charged towards it, we collided and began our bloody battle. The menacing Raptor still had Fatty's stinky underwear in his hands, this just angered me more, I swung my blade and severed his arm. It sailed off in an arc along with the pair of underwear.

Haha, thats just the most memorable part of what I can remember from my short life as the warrior Lokreyad
I have the video somewhere, maybe I will upload it to youtube.
Hello there, I play Dwarf Fortress and record myself falling off waterfalls on accident.