Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Execution!  (Read 1718 times)

lordofthenothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Execution!
« on: August 01, 2012, 04:46:27 pm »

How do you execute prisoners? I've deffirent ways every fortress. Flooding rooms, battle in arena, slaughter them, cave-in,...

I want kill my elves with smoke by creating a fire. Does that work?

Casp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Execution!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 04:49:00 pm »

Fire is quite volatile. Be careful.

I usually just shove them in a room with my militia. Gets the soldiers some decent xp. A couple of the more dangerous ones I save for the purpose of trapping nobles in with them.
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Seraphim342

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma Cum Laude
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 04:50:57 pm »

One efficient way of doing it is with an atom smasher.  If you only dump useful items from them, a lot of other killing methods will leave a lot of junk laying on the floor that can hurt your framerate.  So I just mass pit them into a 3x3 room with a retracting bridge and make them disappear. 

Removing just their weapons and using them as training dummies for your military is a good way, too.  I've also stripped them of everything and set my war animals on them, one of my tame Giant Cave Spiders has a name about as long as my arm now because of all the goblin kills. 
I like to think that on the other side of the world a human is walking on the beach, notices the water level suddenly drop twenty feet, and whispers "fucking dwarves."

"The cows seem to lose bowel control when launched... I consider this a feature."

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 05:00:35 pm »

I pit them in a room with upright wooden training spear traps on repeat, until they become masters at whatever weapon skill they are. Then I can use them for infinite target practice, gladiatorial fights, FB clearing, or a last ditch contingency plan against some other threat. Fun times.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 05:56:12 pm »

I usually make my gobbo prisoners fight to the death with my war rutherers.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Ethan741

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 08:25:42 pm »

Pit of sorrow. A few Z-level deep pit with saws and spears at the bottom. I prefer they hit the spears, their suffering lasts MUCH longer.

Seraphim342

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma Cum Laude
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 09:43:33 pm »

I pit them in a room with upright wooden training spear traps on repeat, until they become masters at whatever weapon skill they are. Then I can use them for infinite target practice, gladiatorial fights, FB clearing, or a last ditch contingency plan against some other threat. Fun times.

That is actually a really good idea.  Training them all up to master before using them for marksdwarf practice would really up their survivability.  Dunno if I'd use them for melee dummies though, even with no weapons... at master wrestler they could get in some disarms and ruin your day against lower-skilled dwarves...
I like to think that on the other side of the world a human is walking on the beach, notices the water level suddenly drop twenty feet, and whispers "fucking dwarves."

"The cows seem to lose bowel control when launched... I consider this a feature."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 02:32:55 am »

I used to execute everything via moose pit. Pets, sacrifices, prisoners and the occasional kobold... But now that's no longer possible. Instead I use a depressurized flooder to make them drown slowly, or just send in one of the military Dwarves for a quick execution. Marksdwarves if they're a high ranking political prisoner, hammerdwarves if they're a Dwarf, speardwarves if it's a skilled warrior, axedwarves if I'm in the mood for a beheading and 6-20 military Dwarves if I'm in the mood for a mob beating.
Oh! But it's not all bad, I do offer community service as an option out, namely guard duty outside, in the eeeevil.
I'm still waiting for some goblins to test death by training weapons. The last thing a Dwarf of mine killed with a training weapon was a minatour, and I feel the time was too long ago. Alas... Besides corpses, there have been no visitors lately. I hope I didn't scare the goblins.

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 08:54:58 am »

I have a gladiatorial arena set up, and a magma pit to throw my prisoners into. Also I like to take their stuff and then lock them in my barracks with a militia squad. It's not a very effective way to train your military, but it is amusing.
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

Maxmurder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 11:55:39 am »

Disarm them by dumping their gear. Then pit them in a room with some soldiers.

I am in the process of arming my civilians wit crossbows and a leather cap. I have been pitting naked gobbos with each civvie squad in my arena to give them some crash-course combat experience.
The Sponge has become enraged!
Without a nervous system...
The only thing they can feel...
IS ANGER.

I am Leo

• Bay Watcher
  • Ia ia Oggez Rashaz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 07:42:01 am »

Chain them up in the caverns as an offering to the forgotten beasts. When our masters wake they are oh so hungry.
Ia! Ia! Oggez Rashaz!

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 07:51:22 am »

I prefer dropping them naked in a 4z deep pit with spikes in the bottom. There they face a huge swarm of helmet snakes or some other wildlife. But I also use them for marksman training.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 01:25:35 pm »

Drop tower.  Few things satisfy quite like seeing your helpless prisoners splattered across the landscape.  Even better, time your executions so that you always have a few goblins (or even dwarves) on the way up, so they get to see (and be splattered by) their comrades.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs