Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Baron not doing architecture labor  (Read 915 times)

Fortress Calling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Baron not doing architecture labor
« on: August 03, 2012, 10:08:07 am »

My baron is happily hauling, mining, farming, and crafting with the rest but for some reason he stopped responding to architecture jobs,
before receiving the title he designed several buildings but now nothing it's like it's beneath him. Any way to solve this or do i need to start training another architect?
Also aside from meager 1 tile office none of his desires are met in case that might have something to do with this.

toomanysecrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Jackpot.
    • View Profile
Re: Baron not doing architecture labor
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 10:36:17 am »

From the wiki, from the list of "noble attributes":   Lazy - If this dwarf is lazy they won't do any regular work aside from pulling levers, deconstructing walls, and some other things. In all 0.34.xx versions, this appears to be broken, i.e. "lazy" nobles can still be assigned to perform any labor.

I just had a king show up in my fort and he had labors enabled, even all of the hauling labors.  Seems to be bugged. Normally you shouldn't be able to assign any labors.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 11:18:44 am »

From the wiki, from the list of "noble attributes":   Lazy - If this dwarf is lazy they won't do any regular work aside from pulling levers, deconstructing walls, and some other things. In all 0.34.xx versions, this appears to be broken, i.e. "lazy" nobles can still be assigned to perform any labor.
The "lazy" attribute has been broken ever since it was introduced in 0.31.01.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Fortress Calling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 11:21:48 am »

If the bug makes so he can do anything why does he of all skills he ignore architecture  :(, it's like a bug has ... a bug. Thanks for answering anyway.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 03:05:15 pm by Fortress Calling »

Maxmurder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 12:50:14 pm »

Hes probably bogged down with useless busywork job spam. just disable all his other jobs... if his only option is architecture he will do it.

I always disable all jobs but architecture for my baron/mayor/count. I also disable all jobs for bookkeeper and manager. Otherwise they never get around to doing the actually important stuff,
The Sponge has become enraged!
Without a nervous system...
The only thing they can feel...
IS ANGER.

Fortress Calling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 03:04:56 pm »

Hes probably bogged down with useless busywork job spam. just disable all his other jobs... if his only option is architecture he will do it.

That's the thing i disabled everything leaving only architecture but his unit list just says NOBLE but as soon as i turn on anything else he gets up and goes to work.
Also he ignores burrow restrictions is this also normal?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 03:16:46 pm by Fortress Calling »