Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Glutinous dorfs hitting forbidden food/booze?  (Read 1127 times)

zuglar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Glutinous dorfs hitting forbidden food/booze?
« on: August 04, 2012, 06:39:00 am »

Hi all,

Possible bug here (34.11): Dorfs will eat/drink forbidden stuff, even if non-forbidden goods are nearby. I hit this in two ways so far:

1. Forbidding my rock pot prepared meals so they'll eat the ones in wood barrels that I can't sell to the elves
2. Forbidding stocks of food meant to sustain workers I've locked into isolated work areas.

In both cases, dozens of greedy guts swarm the verboten goods -- they almost seem to prefer them -- leaving nothing for the intended use.

For isolated work areas, I can always put the goods behind a second locked door until I've locked everyone else out, but I don't know a way to make a stockpile accept only rock pots or barrels but not both so I can isolate the rock pots.

Suggestions?

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
Re: Glutinous dorfs hitting forbidden food/booze?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 08:12:19 am »

Did you forbid the barrel or the food inside of it? There is a difference. Anyways when you go to check on the contents of the barrel, examine the food itself and hit f.

Alternatively, jus sell the food in wood barrels to humans/dwarves and the stuff in rock pots to the elves.

zuglar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 10:05:17 am »

Did you forbid the barrel or the food inside of it? There is a difference. Anyways when you go to check on the contents of the barrel, examine the food itself and hit f.
Barrel and food both, using mass forbid. I've actually caught the buggers in the act, and watched my {dwarven wine[18]} become {dwarven wine[17]} as Urist McThirsty guzzles it down.

Alternatively, jus sell the food in wood barrels to humans/dwarves and the stuff in rock pots to the elves.
I do that, but I need at least one stack of *roasts* to be in a pot to buy out the elven caravan -- for some reason you can only sell food inside a container, even though they'll happily sell you bare stacks. After the year two, though, there's plenty of food in rock pots, because I refuse to make wooden barrels.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 02:09:42 pm »

Oh joy, this again. Just put him on your ignore list and it'll go away.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.