Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Things that happen  (Read 4787 times)

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that happen
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 06:01:14 am »

The most gory thing i can imagine.
This happened during a village rampage.

Edit: Hes not ded yet, btw.
Edit2: Imagine the massive hammer being stuck in between two ribs, so that ou have to twist the hammer around, inside the guys lung, to be able to pull it out.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 06:23:51 am by Meistermoxx »

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 07:18:47 am »

Wow, i went sleeping in the woods, alone after the massacre, and i was awoken my boogiemen.

Luckily a couple of deers, a male and a female, surrounded me and fought the boogiemen.
They were perfectly peacefull to me, and caught all the the boogiemen's antention. I helped them kill the boogiemen, but one quickly bleed out after the cackling had faded.

Then after the other one had rested a bit, it dragged itself over to its mates corpse, where it suffocated.

This was one of those episodes, where you are just left with your mouth gaping wide open.
Edit: Woops, this isnt adventurer mode, hope its ok though.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 07:28:52 am by Meistermoxx »

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 10:00:41 am »

"Boniti Blisteredthundered the Bloody Boil". It was a snowman forgotten beast, taken down by a recruit.

Oh well, at least it sounds badass.
My wooden badge was delicious.

Nyan Thousand

• Bay Watcher
  • It's exactly nyan thousand!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 10:14:38 am »

"Boniti Blisteredthundered the Bloody Boil". It was a snowman forgotten beast, taken down by a recruit.

Oh well, at least it sounds badass.
Alliterations, alliterations everywhere. God, it sounds like a Stan Lee villain.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 10:55:13 am »

I don't really know what's going on here.
This one image can quite literally be put in any thread, and it'd still be in context.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2012, 10:56:44 am »

How did you even DO that? ???
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 10:57:15 am »

How did you even DO that? ???
I JUST DON'T KNOW

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 11:14:06 am »

Two dwarves with the title 4th Wave were sparring.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2012, 01:06:04 pm »

My own dismantled wagon is listed as "dead."
No it isn't - only caravan wagons are creatures. The one that brought your stuff during embark is a building.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

EvilBob22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2012, 05:18:11 pm »

I recently opened a tunnel from my siege welcome area to the caverns.  They had been walled off for years, so there was quite a selection of Forgotten Beasts there.  I killed all of the ones that attacked, only losing a few war animals in the process, and thought it was over.  But then, one more popped up right near a child.  I figured the child was doomed and started assigning squads to kill the beast.  But, the squads started heading back to the barracks right away.

It turns out the child (4 years old at the time) killed the Forgotten Beast with one punch.  Granted, it had a partially rotten brain from the blood of another Forgotten Beast, but still, he got a new name "Beastslayer".
I will run the experiment to completion anyway, however. Even if the only reason why there is a punctured equilibrium in the fortress is because I have been brutally butchering babies
EDIT: I just remembered that dwarves can't equip halberds. That might explain why the squads that use them always die.

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2012, 07:37:51 pm »

I recently opened a tunnel from my siege welcome area to the caverns.  They had been walled off for years, so there was quite a selection of Forgotten Beasts there.  I killed all of the ones that attacked, only losing a few war animals in the process, and thought it was over.  But then, one more popped up right near a child.  I figured the child was doomed and started assigning squads to kill the beast.  But, the squads started heading back to the barracks right away.

It turns out the child (4 years old at the time) killed the Forgotten Beast with one punch.  Granted, it had a partially rotten brain from the blood of another Forgotten Beast, but still, he got a new name "Beastslayer".

The poor thing was probably dieing, with its rotten brain exposed like that. It probably showed up seeking the death it couldn't give itself from motornerve rot.
Pages: 1 [2]