Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Animate dead question  (Read 342 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Animate dead question
« on: September 12, 2012, 03:51:40 pm »

I know both regional and necromancer-raised zombies get an attribute boost, and even zombies created during worldgen are already ripped when they arrive at my fort, but is it cumulative? If something kills the zombie, and the necromancer raises it again, will it gain another bonus to it's strenght, repeat as desired, all attribute 5000 god mode zombies?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Animate dead question
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 04:45:18 pm »

Only strength increases, and I doubt that it's cumulative. Why not test it in the arena?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Animate dead question
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 04:59:26 pm »

IIRC being raised sets their stats to the "buff" range, but it is a set, not an increase. That means that it doesn't stack and (if you somehow modded this in) even if their strength or other stats increase before the second raise they will still have the same as before.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.