Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: So, basic execution tower....  (Read 8145 times)

higgypig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So, basic execution tower....
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2012, 02:04:29 am »

Capture a minotaur, create a labyrinth, you know the rest.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2012, 08:30:20 am »

For vampires in particular they make good scouts, others (kids, animals) works too.  I tend to kick vampires out into the caverns where they keep down the local beastmen.  If an FB shows they kill the crappy material ones or die to an inorganic.  Either way they usually get syndromed and your trouble is over, vamp-be-gone.

Whilst roaming your caverns they will ofcourse map for you since they are still civ loyal.

Kittens i drop down volcanos since they actually see the magma sea for you on the way to SMR.  Useful for planning a low magmaforge without dfhack's reveal.

Otherwise yes, droptowers.  With the splashdown in a courtyard in the middle of your meeting hall surrounded with windows.  Nothing keeps the party swinging like the gentle patter of goblin and kitten bits.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2012, 08:42:49 am »

Otherwise yes, droptowers.  With the splashdown in a courtyard in the middle of your meeting hall surrounded with windows.  Nothing keeps the party swinging like the gentle patter of goblin and kitten bits.

Of  course, after a few drops the windows would be so coated with blood you couldn't see a damned thing. Maybe if we send Urist McCheesemaker down there with a catmop or three...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]