Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chasm questions  (Read 767 times)

TrevorGood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Chasm questions
« on: August 18, 2006, 05:41:00 am »

I noticed that when you discover the Chasm, some new options appear in the Refuse Order menu. "Dwarves save/chasm Nonmetal" for instance, does that mean they will toss all this massive amounts of stone I have laying around into the chasm if given the order? I've turned it on before, and did not notice anything, maybe they were all too busy though.

Also! Is there any way to get water over the chasm? You can't build channels over bridges I guess, and I have no idea how to work the aquaducts. thanks!

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
Re: Chasm questions
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 06:01:00 am »

I havn't dealt with the Chasm yet either, but i think an aquaduct needs a canal on either end in order for it to properly fill with water.

Also, i've read that the chasm was meant for refuse dumping a long time ago, but was since disabled (and possibly enabled without our knowledge... Toady is sneaky like that) Thus, it can be assumed that any broken objects or other refuse that isn't metal (since metal can be recycled by melting it back into bars) would be thrown into the chasm; natures garbage can.

Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 06:04:00 am »

I use pretty much all my refuse.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 04:18:00 pm »

He he he, when I turn chasming refusing, it'll be in the dev log.  It's mostly the mean stuff I don't tell you about.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!