Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Brutal Legends: The Lone Adventurers...  (Read 2534 times)

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
Brutal Legends: The Lone Adventurers...
« on: August 02, 2012, 03:08:36 am »

Adventure mode seems to dislike wandering hero-adventurers. It seems to have fun harassing these subjects. It ranges from bleeding to death after taking an arrow out of your knee, to a hundred thousand zombies, against your 300 followers.

Basically just post what kind of horrible things has happened to your travelling, beast slaying hero.

I guess I'll start:
Sorry it's more of a story than a description of how adventure mode was mean to me :/
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh yeah, not sound sound too much like an ass, but if you're going to say, "Why not just post in the story section?" This could be more of a middle betweeen stories and general adventure mode combat discussion.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 03:17:07 am by Toxicshadow »
'ere the Chias get hungry...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Brutal Legends: The Lone Adventurers...
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 06:14:53 am »

I think the .34 update put much more emphasis on surviving. Many a hero walked into the wilderness to be brutally murdered by bandits, trampled by horses and beaten to death by night creatures.
Then there are those that treck mountains, only travel by rivers at night and never sleep in the open. Those tend to live longer.

Hell, one of my all time favourite adventurers had zero focus on looting tombs and towers or fighting megabeasts. The goal was simple : Acquire fame, acquire an army, and lead an expedition across a gauntlet made up of an evil forest, mountain and desert. All this with no fast travel.
And so with 12 military Dwarves in tow I entered the evil.
The desert was easy, there were two vultures that were killed quickly before we moved on. Once we reached the forest, it was supposed to be easier. More precipitous, easier to hide, shelter more available than the flat desert wastes and there was a river running through that we could hug to reach the mountains safely. I goaded everyone into the river to make sure we were soaked in water - to block out the syndrome blood rain which worked pretty well. The rolling clouds were easily avoided for the first day, and inconspicuous shelter was to be found in the valley. No one risked a camp fire however, so we ate the elephant meat raw and cold, and drank from the river (which was fortunately treated as neutral).
And then... The rain stopped, and the wings descended upon our group from everywhere.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I spent the rest of the journey being chased by undead everywhere, never being able to find respite. Eventually I made it out of the river and through the mountains. From there the journey was once again easy.
Finally my Dwarf had completed his journey, and walked into the ocean.
You have drowned.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 06:41:23 am »

i was attacking hydra without companions , it was going well , i hacked off 6 heads without problem and then the hydra bite me in head , it just torn apart the muscle , i still had 1 turn to kill it and i missed the last blow to its head and it ripped off my head.
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 07:13:42 am »

i was attacking hydra without companions , it was going well , i hacked off 6 heads without problem and then the hydra bite me in head , it just torn apart the muscle , i still had 1 turn to kill it and i missed the last blow to its head and it ripped off my head.
Wait, it tore apart your head and you were still alive? How big was your adventurer?

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 05:43:34 pm »

Wait, it tore apart your head and you were still alive? How big was your adventurer?
The only way you can die because of something happening to your head is decapitation or tearing of the brain, all that happened to him was a bit of torn muscle.
It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 05:30:35 am »

The only way you can die because of something happening to your head is decapitation or tearing of the brain, all that happened to him was a bit of torn muscle.
The pick being hydra's almost always never fail to rip your head off if it bites a regular sized humanoid in the head.