Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: USB headset woes  (Read 569 times)

jackbod

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:KOBOLD]
    • View Profile
USB headset woes
« on: July 25, 2012, 03:27:58 am »

I have a USB bluetooth headset and usede it for my ps3 many a time however I currently seek to use it alongside my PC and Im having some issues

I looked up a quick tutorial on youtube and that told me all I would have to do is tick off options in both volume control options and recording devices but...

The headset mic and speakers dont show up in either of the menus

I honestly couldnt care about the headphones not working because I have a lovely pair of speakers that do a great job but I want to be able to talk to my frends on skype while we play online games

Can anyone help a guy out?
One often meets his own destiny on the path he takes to avoid it

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: USB headset woes
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 03:38:58 am »

Have you tested to see if it doesn't already work? Not implying anything, a lot of people tend to forget that, including me.

90 percent of peripherals, especially simple ones like a headset, are plug-and-play, so you don't have to fiddle with anything.

If that doesn't work, trust the manual that came with the device more than any YouTube tutorial.

If you do have issues, you might have to look for and install a driver to make it work.

And that's the extent of my working with peripherals. Hopefully that's all anyone has to do, because anything that can't be worked out as simply isn't much worth the money spent on it.
Nothing important here, move along.