Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: domestic GCS's ?  (Read 767 times)

nopeasants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
domestic GCS's ?
« on: August 12, 2012, 04:24:29 am »

i was wondering if it was possible  to make giant cave spiders available at embark, and if you could how to do it thanks (also i have modded my GCS raws so they are trainable into war and hunting) plus i'd like to do the same with giant desert scorpions.
cheers.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: domestic GCS's ?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 07:53:12 am »

Locate both and give them [PET] and [COMMON_DOMESTIC].
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 12:20:12 pm »

You might want to note that if you want them to breed you will also need to add a [CHILD:X] token, where X is the number of years they spend as a child.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Malecus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 07:30:44 pm »

Also note that GCS's have [PETVALUE:2500] in their raws (compared to dog's [PETVALUE:30]), meaning that unless you reduce this number, they're likely to be too expensive to purchase during embark.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 07:32:40 pm »

@i2amroy: Is this not a bug ? That vanilla df creatures miss required tags for breeding... is there a list somewhere that shows which creatures can breed ? Somehow that really bothers me.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 07:34:20 pm »

Is it still possible for migrants to arrive with domestic GCS in vanilla DF?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 07:38:38 pm »

yes
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::