Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Multi-Embark Project: Operation Super Immigrants  (Read 1202 times)

nighzmarquls

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Multi-Embark Project: Operation Super Immigrants
« on: July 15, 2012, 03:57:24 pm »

I have a plan...

With the delightful failure that was my mountain carving project I'm going to try for a new one.

Train a army of useful migrants for my dwarf civilization while also building a multi embark structure across the land.

So I've got some of my own ideas on what will make for some especially useful migrants for later forts and a few ideas of useful multi-embark projects such as decent roads to make finding the blood forts easier.

Anyone have suggestions for other mini projects/multi-embark projects worth building?

Or what kind of migrants would YOU want all the way trained up?

Frontestro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Multi-Embark Project: Operation Super Immigrants
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 04:05:48 pm »

The Great Wall of Dwarfs!!! Has always been a personal favorite. You Keep embarking till you encircle the entire continent (or portion of the continent) that your civilization lives on with gigantic wall. Each Embark site should be a full height or full width embark x2 0r x3 on corners you do a 4x4 or 5x5.

Every three or so embarks should have a giant Drawbridge as the only way from one side of the map to the other. All the other "Wall fortresses" should have no ways to the Non-dwarf side of the world. This will prevent hostiles from attacking the civilization. Then behold the wonder that is the Great wall of Dwarfdom by visiting it in adventure mode! Yay!

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 04:56:58 pm »

If I ever bothered to do a multi-embark project, it would involve embarking with six miners and one farmer every time. The miners dig the entire embark as far down as possible, leaving a single room supported by a pillar (preferably of soap). The room would have corridors connecting it to other rooms in different embarks, and would contain dwellings and a farm. Eventually you have an agricultural society in the sky, supported by soap.
My wooden badge was delicious.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 04:41:48 am »

Magmaducts.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 05:59:09 am »

Train crapload of adventurer demigods and retire them all in the same "mountainhome", start a fort from that civ, and watch as the military comes pouring in!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))