Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lord of the rings online anyone?  (Read 1203 times)

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account Lets Plays
Lord of the rings online anyone?
« on: January 14, 2012, 01:49:25 am »

Just wondering is there is a Bay 12 guild or anything.
what server do you guys plays on?

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Lord of the rings online anyone?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 11:00:22 am »

I used to play on Nimrodel. That is... Till I found something else that peaked my interest. it's not that Great seeing how F2Pers need to farm multiple characters if they're not paying.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 05:43:11 am »

Hello guys, this is a necro but I think it's better than starting a whole new thread.

Well, LOTRO just came to Steam so I created a dwarven champ named Grimlokh (guess where I got it from) in Elendidil server, which is unofficially the Oceanic server so it still has actions in odd hours but still one of the three most populated servers.

I like Dungeons and Dragons Online game mechanics alot but I like the lore of LOTRO better.

Let me know if you guys wanna hook up and massacre troglodytes together.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 08:12:07 am »

The problem with characters being server bound is that you have to make a new character for each server, and since I already made one on the EN RP server I really don't feel like making another.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 12:24:18 pm »

Anyone still playing this? I'm just starting it up now...

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 08:01:52 am »

I started playing this recently (Firefoot server). I'm interested in how other people are spending their turbine points - at the moment I'm doing the Lone Lands quests, so I'm nearly at the end of the F2P questing content (I'm not planning to spend real money on the game at the moment). Sure, you can still grind the high level stuff in the other regions, but it seems a little bit dull without the questing. Since the region unlocks are half-price, it seems a good time to unlock a region or two - I've amassed about 700 turbine points so far.

Which of the following would you guys recommend for a level 30 Loremaster, artisan scholar?
Trollshaws - seems an obvious choice being close to the superior study in Rivendell (295 TP for ~75 quests, levels 30 to 50)
Evendim - 395 TP for 200 quests and 6 instances for levels 32 to 40
Forochel - 395 TP for 100 quests, levels 39 to 52
Angmar - 395 TP for 200 quests, 3 instances and one raid for levels 40 to 52

Another option is to unlock the wallet limit for 395 TP, but that just seems excessive - at the moment I keep myself below cap by buying crafting gear from the auction house.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 09:03:00 am by baruk »

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 08:27:35 am »

I believe that Evendim would be your best choice. Angmar or Forochel isn't at your level yet and the trollshaws doesn't have quite enough. Not that I've been to either since it went free to play, though.