Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Milita switching jobs and losing 'lord' status?  (Read 495 times)

Mohawk_Bravo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Milita switching jobs and losing 'lord' status?
« on: July 13, 2012, 09:43:52 pm »

So I have two squads of Axelords, and I'm a bit confused. Everytime they finish their orders and I cancel the orders, they switch to their original professions. Since this has happened, they have stopped being 'Axelords'. I'm curious if I'm doing something wrong and if the lord v.s dwarf status makes any difference (can be prevented)?

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Milita switching jobs and losing 'lord' status?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 09:47:09 pm »

The only functional difference I'm aware of is elite soldiers (whatever lords, masters, etc) don't get bad thoughts from long military duty.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Mohawk_Bravo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 09:51:56 pm »

That's the strange part, despite the fact that these guys are listed as 'Axedwarf' they still function exactly the same on long patrols. They are still legendary in all their combat fields (Shield, dodger, axe, fighter, armor user).

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 10:33:40 pm »

It's a minor bug. Soldiers briefly return to their civilian professions at times, and when they switch back to military professions they need to gain XP in the relevant skill for the game to remember that they're Elite now. It's pretty annoying when you want to keep a few labours activated on them (soldiers make awesome backup haulers, especially if you started with fast dwarves), because they get their labours switched off at every transition to Elite.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.