Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Looking for an easy-to-run game to try out my new mouse!  (Read 3325 times)

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for an easy-to-run game to try out my new mouse!
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 10:47:59 pm »

Hardwar... that the old game with the solar-powered flying machines? If it's that one, apparently the rights were given to some community somewhere to distribute for free, they have a few mirrors up on their forums I think.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 12:44:02 am »

Hammerfight, if you're testing the sensivity

Yes, a thousand times, yes for Hammerflight. (With the L. Remove the L and it just sounds silly to me.)

An online multiplayer version of that would be so lovely...
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 01:00:31 pm »

Well, half-life 1 just went on sale for 5$ in the summer sale, so I'm going to get that. Thanks for the advice everyone! I will check some of those out!
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 05:02:10 pm »

A multiplayer Hammerfight or something similar would be pretty cool. More physics-based multiplayer games please!

foil

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 07:55:40 pm »

Hardwar... that the old game with the solar-powered flying machines? If it's that one, apparently the rights were given to some community somewhere to distribute for free, they have a few mirrors up on their forums I think.

Fuuu that got me into space traders..  Made a few Hardwarp.fm remixes too lol...

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2012, 11:45:56 am »

Yep, that's the one. I recently began thinking about it again and realized some of the nice design pieces. For example, your ship is solar-powered
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and the atmosphere and distance from the Sun prevent free recharging, so they have these "light wells" that you can hover near to recharge. These ships are called "moths". Moths flitter around pretty lights in the fog. It's poetic.

Unfortunately, the game is set on Titan, home of enormous amounts of hydrocarbons, far from the Sun, sheathed in a dense atmosphere. Why set up a weird inefficient solar power grid when you should just be making jet fuel? My only good reasoning (not found in the game) is that the people in charge want to be able to control ship traffic so they made it so they can turn off the supply of power at any time.

I just like the game. Make narcotics in your hangar, hustle them over to a port and send anyone who bothers you plummeting into a lake of goo with a Groundbase Missile.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2012, 12:51:19 pm »

ProgressQuest is obviously the correct answer here.
Pages: 1 [2]