Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Animal Reaction  (Read 1608 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Animal Reaction
« on: November 03, 2012, 04:08:03 pm »

Can I build a workshop that creates animals?

For instance, I want to build a frankengoat. I get bones, horns, hooves, and meat. Dr. Frankendwarf goes to his lab and voila! Frankengoat.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Reaction
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 04:15:23 pm »

Yes, but it's hoops as fuck.

You need a boiling stone that will transform the creature into a creature with three parts, one of which is the main part, the second of which is a grasp part, and the third of which is the part connecting the grasp part with the main part. The connector has to boil. Then, have the boiling stone also give an interaction that lets you resurrect the grasp part and transform the grasp part into your frankengoat.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 04:24:00 pm »

So, if i read this right, we need to have a reaction that when complete will create an instantly boiling stone, releasing an inhaled syndrome to turn Dr Frankendwarf into a creature whose bodypart will drop off instantly and transform into Frankengoat via a necromantic-type ability given to Dr Frankendwarf via said inhaled syndrome, then Dr Frankendwarf's transform syndrome wears off?
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 04:24:28 pm »

So, if i read this right, we need to have a reaction that when complete will boil a stone, creating an inhaled syndrome to turn Dr Frankendwarf into a creature whose bodypart will drop off instantly and transform into Frankengoat via a necromantic-type ability given to Dr Frankendwaf via said inhaled syndrome, then Dr Frankendwarf's transform syndrome wears off?

Yeah.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 04:25:28 pm »

Thats hoops as fuck. This works consistantly?

::EDIT::
How does one keep newly transformed Dr Frankendwarf from raising every dead thing around him into a frankengoat? This would be hilarious, but undesirable.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 04:29:07 pm by dunamisdeos »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 04:29:31 pm »

Hell no. It should usually work, but every step can have something go wrong. Of course, you could give the necromantic interaction a longer time.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 04:32:48 pm »

That is some crazy jury rigged sh** right there. I am impress. Here's a question, do impassable tiles in a workshop block sight? Because you could arrange those so as to prevent accidental mass goatraising.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 04:36:59 pm »

That is some crazy jury rigged sh** right there. I am impress. Here's a question, do impassable tiles in a workshop block sight? Because you could arrange those so as to prevent accidental mass goatraising.

More easily would be to only allow the revival to work on the specific creature you transform Dr. Frankendwarf into.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 04:52:03 pm »

Done deal. Thanks for the help =)