Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Embarking on islands  (Read 345 times)

Szkeptik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Embarking on islands
« on: July 12, 2012, 09:09:36 am »

I want to try it, but I'm not sure how it goes. Will I still get dwarven caravans? Will I get immigrants? Wil I ever be attacked?

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Embarking on islands
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 09:15:29 am »

IIRC you will get the first two hard-coded immigrant waves. After that, you will not get anything unless they are on the same island. So if your dwarf civ is on the same island as you, then yeah you'll get caravans from them and immigrants. If not, then no, never, since the island is inaccessible to them (don't ask how you're able to embark on it in the first place).

Likewise for other races. If they are present on the island, you'll see caravans or invaders, depending on the race. If not, then you'll never see them.
Feeling down? Click Here!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 09:18:24 am »

You *can* make bridges over the ocean.

Just embark and adbandon over the ocean to form a "bridge", and they'll be able to travel over it.

Feels cheaty unless you actually build a bridge tough.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 09:22:18 am »

Thank you. You've just given me the idea I needed to start a new fort  ;D
Feeling down? Click Here!