Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anyone here play Star Wars Combine?  (Read 5201 times)

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone here play Star Wars Combine?
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2012, 06:31:07 pm »

Sign me in, i'm on Tirb or something.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2012, 06:32:40 pm »

I'm a hapan through and through, I'm not changing factions. :P That said, depending on the alignment of the mining faction I might be interested in investing in it. :P
On more technical aspects: Considering that nearly all land is already owned and hoarded, specially those with mineral deposits, how could Bay12 as a bunch of new players with maybe a few veterans handle this difficulties? Also, the game itself. It's a very slow game still without combat. For a bay12 faction it'd need to keep 10 players active or it would get automatically dissolved. Considering that the SWCombine is not for everyone, do you think it would be possible to get 10 bay12lvers and keep them in the long term? Normally people around here get bored out of a game relatively fast.

Edit: Hmm, seems they scaled the minimum active members back to 5 since last time I was in the Combine. That's good, although it does not solve all the issues with the possibility of a faction.

Edit2: Exerosp: What's your handle?

Also, o.O I've heard in the forums something about being possible to find new systems. If this is actually is true then it's a very interesting development. If so is the case I'd certainly be interesting in investing.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 06:57:51 pm by Felius »
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2012, 09:13:36 pm »

Easy to gain land we just keep buying shares of a faction, find a world we want and give it to one of us. I seen it done before.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2012, 09:49:02 pm »

Interested, not sure though. I'll check it out when I get some free time here coming up soon.
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

postal83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2012, 02:02:22 pm »

I just created an account... let me know if a bay12 thing happens.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2012, 03:03:03 pm »

it looks interesting and i want to play but this awaiting approval thing is stupid -.- feel like im signing upto a blood minecraft server
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2012, 02:32:02 pm »

Important thing about the combine: Learn to wait. Most of the game is composed of waiting. Give an order to do some stuff, wait, give the order to move somewhere, wait, and so on. You can, of course, give the order, turn off the computer and go surf on the beach a little, but either way, this is not a game where you can expect fast results.
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2012, 04:02:20 pm »

I played it for a bit in the Trade Federation, but i eventually lost interest because of all the waiting. The immersion was very interesting however, it was the first time i saw such level of organization and dedication in a game community. Eve kinda compares but still not on the same level, at least not for the corp i was in at the time i played. The game itself has an horrendous browser based interface and takes some time learning.

I would not play it again, honestly. I just can't play something over such long timescales.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2012, 04:09:03 pm »

I played it for a bit in the Trade Federation, but i eventually lost interest because of all the waiting. The immersion was very interesting however, it was the first time i saw such level of organization and dedication in a game community. Eve kinda compares but still not on the same level, at least not for the corp i was in at the time i played. The game itself has an horrendous browser based interface and takes some time learning.

I would not play it again, honestly. I just can't play something over such long timescales.
Yeah. It's pretty fun, but definitely not for everyone. Possibly when the game finally releases actual ship to ship combat (probably a couple years after Valve releases HL3), which has an ETA of soon™ (aka: Before the heat death of the universe. Maybe) it'll be better, since at least there'll be blowing other ships (at a time which your best options will likely be either hiding in dark space for a couple months while the frenzy dies off, or piloting a very heavy capital, at the very least a Battle Dragon, ISD, VSD or Mon Calamari Cruiser, but ideally an SSD or similar that might be released between now and then), which can probably be fun and free up the ranks for faster promotions in some factions.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 04:12:19 pm by Felius »
Pages: 1 [2]