Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [s] key on scheduling menu  (Read 468 times)

meanjeans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[s] key on scheduling menu
« on: July 08, 2012, 10:34:04 pm »

Hi all,

I searched all relevant military guides on wiki (FAQ, Defense Guide, Military Interface Guide) to no avail...

What are the differences between the options modified with the [s] key on the scheduling menu:

Sleep in rooms at will
Sleep in barracks at will
Sleep in barracks at need

Ideally, I think what I want is to let them sleep in their rooms or barracks at their pleasure. Which option is closest to that?

Thanks,

Dave
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 01:35:48 am by meanjeans »

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
Re: [s] key on scheduling menu
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 10:45:28 pm »

Sleep in barracks at will, I suppose.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 10:47:18 pm »

Sleep in rooms at will and sleep in barracks at will mean that your militia dwarves will sleep in either their assigned rooms if they have them, or the barracks if it has beds.
Sleep in barracks at need means they will only sleep there when they are very tired.

Also, you can do things like [b] and [s] without bolding/adding strikethroughs by doing this:
Code: [Select]
[[b][/b]s]

meanjeans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 01:40:27 am »

Woops, didn't recognize what I'd done with the formatting.

I still don't get it. What is the difference between "rooms at will" and "barracks at will?" If I select one, does it prevent them from sleeping in the other, or does it merely set their first preference? So rooms at will would mean, rooms first, but barracks okay, and barracks at will would mean barracks first, but rooms okay?

What about sleep in barracks at need? They'll try to sleep in their rooms but if they're close to the barracks they'll sleep there?

-Dave

Sleep in rooms at will and sleep in barracks at will mean that your militia dwarves will sleep in either their assigned rooms if they have them, or the barracks if it has beds.
Sleep in barracks at need means they will only sleep there when they are very tired.

Also, you can do things like [b] and [s] without bolding/adding strikethroughs by doing this:
Code: [Select]
[[b][/b]s]