Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Attempting to make a T-Shirt  (Read 662 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Attempting to make a T-Shirt
« on: July 08, 2012, 01:34:03 am »

Hey all, I want to make a T-Shirt. It shouldn't be that difficult, but I don't have photoshop skills and I have a couple of things I want to do but can't currently.

Firstly, I need to take this picture:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and get JUST Christopher Plummer (with his cloak, of course), then convert him into a green silhouette.

I need to do something similar with the second photo:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

where I need to get the Imperial Battleship in green silhouette along with the ray.

How do I do this?

(For those of you who are wondering, yes, the T-Shirt will say IMPERIAL BATTLESHIP...HALT THE FLOW OF TIME.)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 01:37:25 am by dhokarena56 »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Attempting to make a T-Shirt
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 02:32:42 am »

I'm pretty iffy on the funniness of the actual T-shirt design, but I can tell you how to do what you want to do.

First: Get an image editing tools that supports layers. I recommend the free tool GIMP.

Let's suppose you're using GIMP, here's what I would do: Open each picture you want a silhouette from in GIMP. It will be in its own window. First, resize the image to where you want it- generally the larger the better. I would make sure you know what size you want the final picture to be. Then in the layers tab, add a new layer with a transparent background. Select the new layer and start tracing over Christopher Plummer, or anyone else, with the paintbrush tool. Make sure to zoom in so you can get the little details easily. Once you're done (this requires no artistic skill, but could take a while) select the lower layer and delete it. This will leave you with only what you drew on top of the original image! Repeat for any other silhouette you need, in a separate box of the same size. Then you can copy-paste all your clean layers into one image and add your text (GIMP's text tool can be finicky but you can look up help for that somewhere else).

That should be able to make what you're looking for. Make sure you have the correct image layers selected.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei