Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Selling captives troglodytes .  (Read 2015 times)

Rafe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Selling captives troglodytes .
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 01:50:14 am »

It's not my minecart system.  And no, the stockpile needn't give to the workshop unless you're trying to control what else it uses (for example, you've got separate stockpiles for different kinds of furniture so you can tell the jeweller exactly what to encrust when).  Course if it does, you will need to have the kinds of gems in there that you want cut if you're going to cut them, yes.  Still not sure where you came up with that percentage number from or what it has to do with anything.

The % was arbitrary based on a potential scenario where some % of my rough gems are in stockpiles that are not linked directly to the jeweler while the remaining 20, which i made up, are in the pile with direct linkage "give to jeweler workshop".

I'm i'm using a minecart method then this probably changes everything but that example was trying to rationalize a stockpile with no bins, and automation.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2012, 01:59:31 am »

Well normally, when the jeweller pulls gems out of the stockpile to use, that frees up stockpile space to which the haulers will bring more gems.  It's theoretically possible you could wind up with a stockpile that's clogged with only one type of gem, excluding the others, but IME that just doesn't ever happen with anything like a reasonable stockpile size.  How big a stockpile are you thinking you'd need, anyway?
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Rafe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2012, 02:17:34 am »

for the non-bin stockpile without item stacking in the same space(which i assume is how the minecart method works) i was thinking 7 to 10 max. More if i want to minimize labor to sort the gems from a bin into the the linked gem stockpile on the floor.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2012, 02:33:45 am »

Okay, that's your problem: you have unreasonable expectations of what you can get away with for stockpile space.  7-10 spaces is just slightly larger than a bedroom worth sleeping in.  That's not a storage area.  Try starting with 5x5 (25 spaces) stockpiles for small storage needs, and work your way up.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.
Pages: 1 [2]