Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So, guys...  (Read 1910 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
So, guys...
« on: July 09, 2012, 01:41:21 pm »

I've found myself a bit bored just now, so I fired up DEFCON and looked for some servers to join to pass the time. And what do I see there? Well, not much at first, but then I saw the elusive Bay12 and a password on the server, some hour and half in play. First thing I do is search back some three pages looking - maybe there was a thread I didn't notice, it's not like I'm here all day and all night - but nope. Didn't recognise anyone in the player list either, if I did I'd just move to the PM menu and write out a couple messages, but I'm derailing a thread I didn't even start.

Question here being simple, is there any chance to join your games once in a while? And another - where are you fellas hidden? Some kind of steam group I'm not aware of? Certainly you didn't just find yourselves there by coincidence.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
Re: So, guys...
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 01:48:25 pm »

Aklyon has a server.

He also has DEFCON.

I think someone else might do bay12 game shenanigansy.

The password is, by the way, ALWAYS dwarf.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 01:55:34 pm »

Holy crap! Time to fire up DEFCON!
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 02:13:10 pm »

Anyone going to be getting on within the next 10 minutes or so?
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 03:50:09 pm »

This game has always interested me. Is it good? Cuz I've wanted it for a while, is it worth the investment?
Ta'.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 03:55:49 pm »

I think there's a demo out there if you wanted to mess around with it. I couldn't get into it, personally, but I'm more of an action gamer.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 05:14:14 pm »

every time I have played I have had a spectator message me almost instantly to tell me I would lose because I didn't use one of the 3 or 4 proper setups. It kind of turned me off from the game.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

NotAQuisling

• Bay Watcher
  • Openly Fey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 06:34:50 pm »

I've played really fun slow games with a cool dude I met in a defcon match. Good 5 hours spent on a few matches though it'd go faster if we both didn't run it on 1x and 2x speed so much. I'll have to check out the bay12 server soon.
Download complete in 15 Days and 7 Hours

engy

• Bay Watcher
  • Military | Science | Consumer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 07:00:35 pm »

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dwarfortress

Anyway, yeah, they had a handful of games off the cuff earlier today.  And I wouldn't worry about any proper set ups its more fun the way we play, and up password for any bay12 game anywhere is pretty much always dwarf

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 02:49:13 pm »

Any games gonna go on today?