Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mummies are hardcore  (Read 11027 times)

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
Re: Mummies are hardcore
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 12:55:10 am »

An incurable curse seems pretty anti-fun.
no, it is loads of !!FUN!!
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 01:49:12 am »

Is there any truth to the idea of using henchmen as a meatshield to absorb the curse? What about, say, a thrown rat?
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

VisionShift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 01:59:41 am »

Is there any truth to the idea of using henchmen as a meatshield to absorb the curse? What about, say, a thrown rat?
Yes, I *think* your henchmen can absorb the curse.  I snuck into a tomb and let my companions run in before I attacked; this particular mummy said the usual line, but iirc it was addressing one of my companions, and I never got the "you feel horrible" message.

weedeat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 03:17:27 pm »

I believe that you can avoid curses with companions, although I think the curse-throwing message is triggered by "HELLO MY NAME IS MUMMY PREPARE TO DIE" so probably sneaking and letting someone else trigger him is the way to go. Also, the mummy-raised undead are not hostile to vampire or necromancers

the woods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2012, 11:20:22 am »

The last mummy who killed me gave me the Prepare to Die! prompt, but didn't curse me until a few rounds into the fight where I got the message You feel horrible! in red text.

An incurable curse seems pretty anti-fun.

I dumped a human mummy into magma over in the arena.  He lived through it.  Fat completely burned off and he's constantly gushing blood, but he's been in there for a while now and I don't think he's going to melt anytime soon.

Edit: I dropped another fifty of them in because why not, and all of them survive their magma baths.

I've heard of people having success taking out husks with fire...looks like that technique won't work on these guys.

I hate mummies so god damn much. I will hate them for as long as I live.
Pages: 1 [2]