Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dogs vs Vampires  (Read 589 times)

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dogs vs Vampires
« on: July 03, 2012, 06:54:14 pm »

Thinking about avoiding the fanged menace, I'm wondering if I should breed lots of dogs and distribute them to my most skilled dwarves. Will Fido raise a ruckus when his master's blood is being drained?

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dogs vs Vampires
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 08:45:02 pm »

As far as I understand, nope.
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

Rafe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 09:38:05 pm »

That's odd. If a dog sleeps in the same room with it's master it really should freak out when somebody enters the room. The slightest disturbance outside my house sends my dogs into fits and when repair men  come into the house i have to lock them up.

Mohawk_Bravo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 10:09:51 pm »

Difference is the repairmen don't also live in your house. If a dog interacts with someone everyday, they aren't likely to raise a ruckus when that person is in close quarters of their master. Of course if they scream that could be a different story.

Rafe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 11:09:35 pm »

Difference is the repairmen don't also live in your house. If a dog interacts with someone everyday, they aren't likely to raise a ruckus when that person is in close quarters of their master. Of course if they scream that could be a different story.

You have a point, but larger fortresses might be more subject to dogs being territorial because they cannot identify all the occupants.

Also dogs have different temperaments. One the dogs i live with is extremely jumpy and barks whenever somebody opens a door in the house.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 03:35:18 am »

Whereas DF dogs aren't jumpy at all, they're just box lunches that might kill something for you before you eat 'em.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.