Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Deconstructing Depots w/ Traders leaving at the same time  (Read 301 times)

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile
Deconstructing Depots w/ Traders leaving at the same time
« on: July 03, 2012, 02:10:19 pm »

Title says it all. I don't think I got everything, but nonetheless I picked up a lot of stuff as a result. Done as a desperation since they were packing just after my idiot broker decided to stop filling a pond and trade.

My question is will it have an effect on relations with the mountainhomes? What about next year's caravan? I requested armor and weapons, will it impact quality/material type?

moki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deconstructing Depots w/ Traders leaving at the same time
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 02:18:39 pm »

Traders don't know about stealing, they just know how much they had when entering the map and how much when leaving. If they make a good profit, they'll come back with more stuff the next year and if they made a loss (because you stole their stuff), they'll bring a little less. Humans and elves will eventually get mad and start attacking you if you don't pay for several seasons worth of trade goods, but your mountainhome will just send smaller caravans until they make good profits again. Quality and material are not affected, as far as I know, only the overall number of things they bring. So if you had made the traders happy, you could get a few more sets of armor, but the difference is not that big, unless you make it a habit.
But my good sir, the second death was for Dwarven Science!