Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hostile exalted rumor?  (Read 759 times)

Hesperid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hostile exalted rumor?
« on: July 02, 2012, 02:51:21 pm »

So I went to a town market and there was a legendary goblin with the title "exalted rumor" there.  He was part of the civilization (apparently) so everyone was friendly to him, but he gave me the 'prepare to die' speech as soon as I was close enough to him, and then proceeded to attack me. If I counterattacked, the whole town turned hostile to me.

I had to lure this "exalted rumor" into the castle dungeons to be mugged by the bandits there.

But my question is, does anyone know what's up with this guy?  And why aren't I allowed to defend myself?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Hostile exalted rumor?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 03:01:57 pm »

Because goblins are racist.

"TELL THEM IT WAS THE EXALTED RUMOUR THAT KILLED YOU!"

"YOU DARE HIT ME?! GOBLINS, ATTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-"

Headhanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 05:30:19 pm »

Exalted Rumour would be his title within the civilisation.

So, maybe the town has a temple dedicated to the god of gossip or something? I once ran into the "First Nut" of a nature goddess.

I like your solution to the problem though, luring him into the dungeons and soforth. Very resourceful.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 05:05:19 am »

I've had this before. Not sure if it was a vampire's cult or something, but there were about 20 or so people, including 2 vampires, who worshipped the night. It was interesting, because their names basically revolved around violence and other unsavoury things.

They also attacked the vampires when I ousted them ???
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 07:01:55 am »

Loyalty cascade, i think.

had this happen, i accidently accused a law-giver of being a night creature, he was, he killed a high priest and stayed friendly to me.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.