Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for a good lan RPG  (Read 1377 times)

Driverman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Looking for a good lan RPG
« on: July 06, 2012, 08:32:00 am »

So I have family over tonight and we want a good game to play on the network. We're sick of Diablo. Ideally the game has stats/experience/levels of some sort. We are open to buying 3 copies. We also like but are sick of Minecraft and Terraria, because Minecraft lacks direction for the scope of a few hours and we've exhausted Terraria. Something along the lines of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance for PC would be ideal. I'd rather this not end up being a night of Soldat and Diablo. We do this often and need new games. Any suggestions?

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a good lan RPG
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 10:06:39 am »

Lord of the Rings: War in the North was a pretty good action RPG, though I have no idea what the PC port is like. Third person beatem up style combat, skill tree leveling up system, loot and gold and such, 3 different characters (dwarf fighter, elf mage, human strider if i remember correctly).

Though I may only remember it fondly because it was a 360 game that let you do couch coop, which is like finding the holy grail.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 10:23:50 am »

Borderlands?

Jafferey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 01:40:51 pm »

Neverwinter Nights?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 04:57:48 pm »

Neverwinter Nights?
Seconded, especially if you create/download a campaign or have someone play in GM mode.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Gotthard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 05:03:42 pm »

Don't know if hellgate london counts, you have to be online, but there is a SP revival you can google.  Playing it with my brother the past 2 months or so, it's been a stupid amount of fun.  You can see what diablo took from it in terms of items, but imho it's much more balanced, and allows actual character and item builds that matter, rather than remaking your character in the actual level :/

Also, it is FTP except for you need $3 to get an 'act III' ticket, but they are giving THOSE away for free right now too :)