Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How do I set up a live training room for marksdorfs?  (Read 1715 times)

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I set up a live training room for marksdorfs?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2012, 08:10:49 am »

I'm making a policy of storing nether-cap logs in their own stockpiles, as they're probably the easiest material to use that's both magma- and fire-safe (according to the wiki). (still according to the wiki,) The only other dragonfire-safe mats are 3 kinds of spoilerite, periclase, and dolomite. Requesting the last 2 from dwarven caravans may not be a bad idea for the paranoid overseer. Can goblin siegers arrive riding regular dragons, or just the cave variety?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2012, 08:57:14 am »

normally, only cave dragons, but I have no clue how it works in masterwork mod
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2012, 10:54:17 am »

wouldnt be of much sense to include dragons as rideable mounts.... the first attack would cost you a big chunk of people, both attackers and defenders. Havent seen them been ridden too.

dakenho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2012, 12:53:52 pm »

The architecture is fairly straightforward - make sure enemy can't escape or get close to the marksdorfs.

But how do I get him there without freeing him for the cage, and freeing him remotely once he is behind locked doors?
I've got this vampire lord I am dying to rid with bolts (well, axe heads, playing Mastercraft), but I don't want him to run amok in the fortress...saw what he did to the traders outside before coming towards me and right into the cage trap.

somthing like
fffffffffffffffffffffffff
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
_ = water/magma

simply then chancel the tiles above the side for the goblins and designate it a garbage dump and dump the cages into it
From the description of the event, I think that your copy of Dwarf Fortress was on drugs when this happened. That's surely the only logical explanation for a human werewolf with deadly farts dying from it's own excrement after slaughtering some goblins comrades.
Pages: 1 [2]