Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to cook dwarfs  (Read 3020 times)

Logen910

• Bay Watcher
  • Biting people to death since 126,000 B.C.
    • View Profile
How to cook dwarfs
« on: July 02, 2012, 06:06:14 pm »

Can dwarfs be cooked? Or brewed into some fine liquor? Or how about elven biscuits? I mean this is a harsh world, infected by zombies and other shit. And my current fort has a remaining population of 12 dwarfs being alive and 200 being dead. Also about 500 dead elves and countless gobbos. But no more food because of certain circumstances involving magma, exploding booze and a fucking mad dwarf cyring over some shit i don't remember anymore. maybe it was because his whole family died in horrible ways in my slave mines, but how i said i cant recall it anymore. so i come to my second question. maybe i should just destroy this madhouse and forget all the cruel things that happened in there, but maybe you have good ideas how the bring this sinking ship of torture and pain to a glorious end. Also i would tell more stories about my little fort of madness if anyone is interested.
This is a russian player. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with blood, death and pain and encircled with bands of bad grammar mistakes.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to cook dwarfs
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 06:07:16 pm »

Dwarves, because they aren't savages like the elves, refuse to eat another sentient creature. Even if they did I don't know if they'd be willing to butcher a dwarf corpse.

Flying Fortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 06:17:29 pm »

Without some modding dwarves won't eat anything intelligent, and they also won't eat other dwarves.  Even then I'm not 100% positive they would eat their own family, though I do wonder if that would generate a good or bad thought...

I'm always up for a great story, and yours seems interesting from what you've said so far, would love to hear more.  :)
Has entire family killed and all friends butchered and raped.
---
It's cool, he saw an awesome sock AND a waterfall, so it's all good now.
it's ‼Super Happy Tantrum Time‼

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 06:53:58 pm »

500 dead elves?

Tell me more.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 06:54:15 pm »

Mod Ethics to Butcher/eat sapient to Acceptable. Any and all corpses of gobbos and elves will be butchered like any other animal. Eating dorfs however is another thing entirely. I'm sure better modders than i can remove the immediate burial and send em to the butchery.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Logen910

• Bay Watcher
  • Biting people to death since 126,000 B.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 07:05:26 pm »

500 dead elves?

Tell me more.

i tried a genocide on them although i think this isnt even possible. still i tried to keep track of the number of deads but i stopped somewhere about 500 hundred. soon after that this mad dwarf incident happened. whatever, it was very funny to decimate them. i had a squad being equiped only with wooden weapons and they were always beating the crap out of them. another funny way was to trap them in my wooden toilet chamber and flush them down right into hell. the only elves i ever let alive were doing great in my zoo.

Mod Ethics to Butcher/eat sapient to Acceptable. Any and all corpses of gobbos and elves will be butchered like any other animal. Eating dorfs however is another thing entirely. I'm sure better modders than i can remove the immediate burial and send em to the butchery.

can i mod it into an existing game?

I must say i am thinking about an elven biscuit factory lately. I would sell them all over the world, to humans and dwarfs. also such a fatory would be a place of big fun where many crazy things could happen.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 07:15:41 pm by Logen910 »
This is a russian player. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with blood, death and pain and encircled with bands of bad grammar mistakes.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 07:18:45 pm »

500 dead elves?

Tell me more.

i tried a genocide on them although i think this isnt even possible. still i tried to keep track of the number of deads but i stopped somewhere about 500 hundred. soon after that this mad dwarf incident happened. whatever, it was very funny to decimate them. i had a squad being equiped only with wooden weapons and they were always beating the crap out of them. another funny way was to trap them in my wooden toilet chamber and flush them down right into hell. the only elves i ever let alive were doing great in my zoo.

can i mod it into an existing game?

Very nice, fellow elf slayer.

You will find the raws in the folder of your current savegame.
Let us know how it goes, I've been dying to know some good elf recipies.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 07:48:50 pm »

Ethics, unfortunately, are assigned on world generation, so altering them won't help. If you didn't mod dwarves to not mind eating sapients before creating the world, they'll not eat sapients.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Tomsod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 09:31:14 pm »

The only way pile of dead dwarves may help soothe alive dwarves' hunger I can think of is finding a vampire's body and infesting a well with his blood. Well, they still will be thirsty, but they won't die from that at least.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 10:40:16 pm »

Mod dwarves to be willing to butcher and eat sentients. They still won't eat their own dead.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Scott Cee

• Bay Watcher
  • a medium-sized humanoid prone to procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 05:00:02 am »

Urist McCannibal, Master Butcher is quite content. He lost a family member to tragedy lately. He had a really fine meal recently.

He is inflicted with that shaking thing you get when you eat too much people.
Scott Cee Cancels Sleep : Playing Dwarf Fortress

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 08:10:29 am »

Urist McCannibal, Master Butcher is quite content. He lost a family member to tragedy lately. He had a really fine meal recently.

He is inflicted with that shaking thing you get when you eat too much people.

Kuru or Hypervitaminosis A?

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2012, 08:21:51 am »

I'm sure better modders than i can remove the immediate burial and send em to the butchery.
Nope.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.