Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stone Clay  (Read 1120 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Stone Clay
« on: September 08, 2012, 07:00:14 pm »

I decided for various reasons to make cinnabar into a collectable clay in my one world. How would I get this to work, and while I'm inquiring about it what do you think would be neat to have it fired into?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Stone Clay
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 09:00:48 pm »

I have no idea how to make something collectable a la clay, but I've checked the RAWS and all I can find is the fired_mat with clay. That might be what it requires, too, but I'm not sure. Also, make it so that when fired, it turns into something cool, like Nether-cap, or steel, or maybe just ruby. That'd be cool. Cinnabar -> Ruby.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 09:14:00 pm »

Allegedly, it needs SOIL and a FIRED_MAT. I've given cinnabar both, but no squares of cinnabar have counted as clay. Do stoney tags interfere, and if so which ones?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 10:34:53 am »

Replace STONE_TEMPLATE with SOIL_TEMPLATE. It will actually be a soil after that, not stone.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 10:49:51 am »

Alright, I'll try that ASAP and report results.
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 03:10:22 pm »

Alright...I have added the SOIL and MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:FIRED_MAT tokens, and changed the template to the soil one, but still...no clay squares.
Sig