Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Now that is what I call conscription  (Read 3506 times)

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Now that is what I call conscription
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 06:42:11 am »

Obsiaian is, supposedly, sharp enough to be as good as some of the worse metals. If nothing else, obsidian short swords have an edge, which is useful.
Yes, but the details of that bug made the game think the swords were made out of wood, not obsidian. At least, that's the bug I remember, what happened to it?
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2012, 11:06:34 am »

Obsiaian is, supposedly, sharp enough to be as good as some of the worse metals. If nothing else, obsidian short swords have an edge, which is useful.
Yes, but the details of that bug made the game think the swords were made out of wood, not obsidian. At least, that's the bug I remember, what happened to it?
That bug got fixed in 0.31.13, as well as the "clear glass vials made of pearlash or charcoal" bug. Obsidian swords are now given obsidian's mechanical properties.

The bug I refer to is that obsidian itself sucks as a weapon material. Add [IS_METAL] to obsidian to let you make obsidian swords in the arena, and test it yourself.

xana55

• Bay Watcher
  • Booze Detected: Initiating Drinking Protocal
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2012, 03:38:59 pm »

Ok, so the fortress fell, but not to tantrums.

Everyone got all depressed and refused to work excluding military actions.

We where holding back the undead but we where also slowly starving to death, dehydrating to death, and no job-ing to death so I decided to abandon the fortress and try again somewhere else.

Might make a smarter location choose now that I know what towers are ._.
Urist The Foolish: Beheaded by a swarm of cats 379 BC.
Pages: 1 [2]