Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Having some serius problems  (Read 698 times)

Alanbato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Having some serius problems
« on: July 01, 2012, 04:38:23 pm »

So I was checking my militar dwarves on DT after a goblin ambush (They ambushed a named creature that I was afraid of, not me, lol) And then I suddenly notice MANY dwarves have their most important labors turned off. When I try to turn them on again, I click commit and they de-select again. even my miners and mason were de-activated, what the HSF is happening?

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Having some serius problems
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 04:45:03 pm »

Soldiers don't work, they fight.  This is not unusual or unexpected behavior.  Don't put skilled laborers or otherwise important dwarves in the military.  That's why you fill the squads with useless malingerers, it's not (just) to get them killed on purpose.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 04:51:51 pm by weenog »
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Alanbato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 04:51:12 pm »

Those weren't my soldiers. And they aren't heroes yet, so they SHOULD work too, but I have them all training.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 04:52:42 pm »

Those weren't my soldiers. And they aren't heroes yet, so they SHOULD work too, but I have them all training.

If they're in the military, they're your soldiers.  If they've been taken out of the military, and still have their labors disabled, that might be a bug.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

Alanbato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 05:01:38 pm »

No, they aren't in my military either :/ Well, my fortress isn't falling down yet, so I'll let that be.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 05:29:24 pm »

How'd you get them training without putting them in the military?

Alanbato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 09:21:45 pm »

I don't think I was clear in the first place xD

The problem is not that my military is messed up, my WHOLE fortress has the same problem, even this new migrant wave that arrived. I commited labors and then others from other dwarves randomly were disabled.

I can't use DwarfTherapist anymore because of that annoying bug :l

agvkrioni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 09:54:35 pm »

Er, you should still be able to use Dwarf Therapist. Do us a favor, highlight 3 different dwarves, different migration waves, non-soldiers, with different abilities. They shouldn't be children. Set their labors correctly in therapist. Record them (write them down). Play for a while (long enough for this 'bug' to happen). Then find those dwarves and report what labors are enabled, if any, and what has been happening in that mean time.

Also make 100% sure they aren't military enabled.