Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is it normal to get a King, Vampire?  (Read 3059 times)

zeziba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is it normal to get a King, Vampire?
« on: June 25, 2012, 10:23:37 pm »

Just had a "King" show up demanding a Throne Room and what not. Was wondering how I could make him disappear.

Any suggestions, also how do you "force" him to get there still haven't perfected that.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is it normal to get a King, Vampire?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 10:24:58 pm »

It isn't unusual, but isn't really normal either.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

zeziba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 10:25:57 pm »

Also he has 29.9k kills, should I keep him or feed him to my Volcano?

EDIT: Oops 21.9k

zeziba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 10:29:49 pm »

I also locked all 200 of my Dwarves in a room with him... How long until I have a complete vampire fort so that when I come around in Adv Mode it ill be !FUN!

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 10:32:24 pm »

I also locked all 200 of my Dwarves in a room with him... How long until I have a complete vampire fort so that when I come around in Adv Mode it ill be !FUN!
Vampire bites don't spread vampirism. Only dwarves drinking water contaminated with vampire blood can become vampires.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

zeziba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 10:39:03 pm »

Vampire bites don't spread vampirism. Only dwarves drinking water contaminated with vampire blood can become vampires.

So how can I infect the water supply?

May hap trap his room w/ some floor grates and a reservoir under it?

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 10:42:22 pm »

Pretty much. Just make sure you don't accidentally kill the vampire with the trap.. after all, you want his blood to get into the reservoir system so that the other dwarves drink it :D
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

zeziba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 10:44:54 pm »

Coolbeans, also why is his kill count so freakishly high he is also a Legendary +5 Marksdwarf.

Also this guy is ELITE!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 10:51:18 pm by zeziba »

DavionFuxa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 11:02:06 pm »

Dwarven Kings can show up as Vampires - or Necromancers, or whatever. History can play a big role in determining it all.

I assume your playing in a world with a long history. It is quite possible that your Dwarven King is REALLY old, and turn into a Vampire very early in your worlds history. With a long enough history, he accumulated a lot of kills as he fed on an unstoppable bloodlust. Being old and with a long enough history, he also likely had a lot of time to practice his Archery skills obviously as well.

As for what to do with him - just lock him in his throne room with a burrow, dealing with his mandates as they are made.
A Google Doc I wrote up in regards to making a new 'workable' definition for the Roguelike Genre:
Defining the Roguelike Genre

zeziba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 11:11:46 pm »

Strange thing is he has 131 years to his count, could the inspector be telling me a lie?

EDIT: Yes, 3410 years and counting...

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 11:16:30 pm »

Its becoming more and more normal.
A greater feat would be getting an animal man/goblin vampire/necromancer.

Dwarfinator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 07:29:46 pm »

How much blood would be necessary to contaminate a water supply? If every dwarf was a vampire would they still suck each other dry? Can dwarves drinking contaminated water even become vampires in fortress mode?
Mwah ha ha ha ha....

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 08:20:30 pm »

How much blood would be necessary to contaminate a water supply? If every dwarf was a vampire would they still suck each other dry? Can dwarves drinking contaminated water even become vampires in fortress mode?

Vampires don't suck blod from other vampires.
Yes dorfs turn into vampires by drinking from contaminated wells in fortress mode.
I don't know how much vampire blood is needed but i'd guess all you need is a single splatter.
You can mince in a whole vampire with serrated disks tho.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 08:55:13 pm »

Or, throw the kind into the well from a dozen z-levels up. If he's still alive,. leave him there; it's not like an ever-slowing noble would be much good. Lock the door to that room, dropping any dwarves you want to be vamped in until they all drank from the well. Then, drop the floor out from under them! Simple, no?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ClkWrkJester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2012, 10:36:09 pm »

Drop him into a small pool, then put drawbridges over it that retract.  put stones on the bridges and pull them back, dropping thigns on him. The stones... or maybe try using sharp things... should do damage and open his flesh, leaving lots of blood in the water. cover up, build well, designate it as your only water source.
Carve out a massive pit and construct a copper block tower! Challenge those goblin bastards with your phallus of justice!